Does anyone else think that Opeth isn't really uh..

Tavaron said:
Metallica and Megadeth come to mind. Just more bitchy metalheads whining because their former favorite band did something different, or didn't radically change. Shut the fuck up, you're like a early version of 90% of the former Metallica fanbase.

what are you even saying? :rolleyes: who said that opeth was my favorite band?

jackass.

I didn't even read the rest of the posts after reading the origin say he never liked SW's influence or PT. That is just fuckin bullshit!! Steven and Mikeal are equal in my book but its just impossible not to like PT inless you haven't heard 3 albums. They define PROGRESSION!! From Sunday of Life - In Absentia he continues to progress and stay true to himself. After hearing The Sky Moves Sideways, I was convinced that they are the blueprint of no bullshit and progressive music. To say you don't like PT is to say,"I dont know shit about music!".
I think Opeth, as fans of music, they don't really care about being the biggest. They just wanna live out their musical careers as they would want their musical heroes too. Mikeal will just continue to create music the way he wants it to be heard and for the sake of music. For something to hide behind I know say IMO!

McFrost Craplakes said:
Opeth just play chords which don't progress. I hate it when something doesn't progress. It's like watching two dogs fuck. You almost get a hard on, but in the end it doesn't even matter. I demand that Opeth will start making hardcore. If you don't like Opeth, you don't like TO LOVE!
:lol: :lol:

Huh? :confused:

McFrost Craplakes said:
Opeth just play chords which don't progress. I hate it when something doesn't progress. It's like watching two dogs fuck. You almost get a hard on, but in the end it doesn't even matter. I demand that Opeth will start making hardcore. If you don't like Opeth, you don't like TO LOVE!
:err:

Firedwarf said:
Actually, I think some bits are cool (bassline in strip the soul comes to mind..I think.) but I don't like it much.
What about Shesmovedon, Lips of Ashes, Trains, Heart Attack In A Laybye, Collapse The Light into Earth?

Every Opeth fans I know like these songs, or most of them..

McFrost Craplakes said:
Opeth just play chords which don't progress. I hate it when something doesn't progress. It's like watching two dogs fuck. You almost get a hard on, but in the end it doesn't even matter.
so you say you almost get a hard on watching dogs fuck. ewww...

Deliverance was an indicator that Opeth have pretty much drained the current formula for all its worth. Whatever the next big epic 2 black metal track thing is, I hope for their sake it is as innovative as the material that's earned them all this popularity.

Btw, who brought other bands into it? And what's the deal with PT? I've listened to a huge amount of their stuff but fail to see what all the fanboyism is about.

PS. Dont tell me I don't know anything about music :lol: