Does Projector suck???

Does Projector suck??

• It sucks major ass, of course.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I don't think it sucks nearly as bad as Metal88 does, but it does suck.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • I like it better than at least one other DT album

Votes: 58 50.9%
  • It's the greatest thing in the history of the entire fucking universe, oh shit it's awesome!!

Votes: 48 42.1%

• Total voters
I can well understand the Skydancer-preference, but this Trail of Life Decayed -thing :err:... Must be part of Mac's trueness, I guess... :worship: :rolleyes:

About Projector, I must admit it is the DT-album that has grown the most in me through time - nowadays it isn't far behind The Gallery, about where Skydancer is.

-Villain

Originally posted by Misanthrope
Metal88's "Biggest fuck up's ever" list:
1) Dark Tranquillity - Projector
2) Megadeth - Risk
3) In Flames - The stuff after Colony
4) Metallica - Load (of shit)

Why dont you go spam elsewhere, like random burns on satori's threads you stupid fanboy asshole.

now now... you've gotta admit In Flames after Colony does suck. Hell, Whoracle sucked too. And Metallica... don't even get me started on Load... I do not agree with Metal88 on Projector sucking, although it's definitely not their finest work(The Gallery is) and I can imagine it might have been a great disapointment to those who listened to DT back in the days of The Gallery. I'm not usually one to stand up for people, but I kinda agree with him so I don't think he should be called a 'stupid fanboy asshole.' That said, who here likes The Minds I more than Whoracle?? because if you do, can you kindly get your asses over to the Swedish Metal forum and vote for it under the best '97 releases? it's getting whipped and that alone is enough to make me vomit... Whoracle sucks...

oh, and Projector is awesome...

Ehh... What's wrong with liking the Trail of Life Decayed-demo? According to what you might believe, I like the stuff I like because it sounds good to me, not because of any trueness-factor or anything. The guitar sound and vocals are somewhat annoying at times but the three songs are still quite excellent. Not as good as most of Skydancer but excellent nonetheless.

If there was one thing I would criticise about Damage Done, it's that they haven't used the great clean vocals that were on Projector. Projector might be their least heavy album, but it's not -that- different... for example, 'Day To End' features style changes that are very similar to 'Punish My Heaven', from fast death metal one second to Paradise Lost style doom the next.

I'm still not sure whether Projector or Damage Done is my favourite Dark Tranquillity album, but they're both of very similar quality.

Originally posted by sentience_withers
now now... you've gotta admit In Flames after Colony does suck. Hell, Whoracle sucked too. And Metallica... don't even get me started on Load... I do not agree with Metal88 on Projector sucking, although it's definitely not their finest work(The Gallery is) and I can imagine it might have been a great disapointment to those who listened to DT back in the days of The Gallery. I'm not usually one to stand up for people, but I kinda agree with him so I don't think he should be called a 'stupid fanboy asshole.' That said, who here likes The Minds I more than Whoracle?? because if you do, can you kindly get your asses over to the Swedish Metal forum and vote for it under the best '97 releases? it's getting whipped and that alone is enough to make me vomit... Whoracle sucks...

oh, and Projector is awesome...

You got it right my friend. I am one of those you mentioned who listened back in the days of The Gallery. Then with Projector it was suddenly fucking Depeche Mode. If I want to hear Depeche Mode, I'll go buy the real thing. Hehehe ;) At least Damage Done is bombass. That's right, Bombass!

Speaking of Depeche Mode, is it their "Everything counts" cover on Whoracle that turns you offf? Hehe. I think Whoracle is great, though the Jester Race is my favorite. Mind's I vs. Whoracle? Hmmm..... I'd have to put them at a tie, but for different reasons.

@ravin

That was just my attempt at a transition of topics, needing to talk defend Whoracle, my second favoirte IF album. I like In Flames version of Everything Counts. I also don't mind Depeche Mode if it's on the radio, but that's not the kind of stuff I spend my money on. Though I'll admit I wish I had spent my money on a Depeche Mode album instead of Projector. They are much better at that kind of music. hahaha ;)

Ok....the results of my poll are in enough. I am in the extreme minority in thinking that projector sucks. Ah well.....so be it. Odd how that works. Here in Tampa, Florida we used to have a death Metal record store called "Ace's records" (Neil Turbin once worked there, I found out via this board) the dudes that worked there played a big part in my musical diversity. We used to blast The Gallery in the store among other cd's. When projector came out all 4 of us were in disbelief. I guess we weren't a good random sample of the Dark Tranquillity fan base, being it looks like in general the fans love it. Interesting and odd.

I really like Projector but i find i have to skip the song day to end which is track 8 on the disc. I think it should be skipped at all costs. Overall a good cd but no Gallery or Mind's I but still a good cd minus one song which is gay as hell! Glad the clean singing is not on the new cd (Damage Done) at all. I only like a hint of clean vocals but not a whole song like day to end! Anyone explain why that song is so bad? Sounds like a new wave crap song!

It was an experimental album. It wasn't the best one in my opinion, but I get in moods where I listen to it. They are artists, and they were trying to explore new ground. I respect the album but I listen to it a lot less than the others.

Projector is one of my favorite DT albums...hell, probably one of my favorite CD's. Like someone said before, the vocals are so emotional. You can have the best pair of pipes in the world, but if you just 'go through the motions' it just sounds lame.

Anyways, no, i don't think Projector sucks at all...perhaps you just have to be in the right mood to listen to it...

Originally posted by TheDarkProject
If there was one thing I would criticise about Damage Done, it's that they haven't used the great clean vocals that were on Projector.

I agree. I guess that the people who think Projector sucks is because they are into brutal death metal or something. They want only growlings. I guess is that.

I didnt like that song "Day to end" but I did like "Auctioned" or something. but I wouldnt like all the cd with clean vocals. switching clean vocals and growlings is cool.

@Loko

Your guess is wrong. I like brutal death metal of course, but most of my favorite music comes from clean singing. The clean singing on projector does not strike me as emotional or good at all, in fact it's quite irritating. The songs we're discussing "Day to End" and "Auctioned" are songs I hate most, no surprise. The only song I like at all is "Undo Uncontrol"

I agree switching from clean to growling is cool! But not when the clean vocals sound like absolute shit. ;)

hahaha ok.

A while ago someone said the clean vocals in Projector sounded like "country" WTF?! It sounds like gothic to me. I think that comment was posted in some board. Country! weird.

@metal88: your dislike for auctioned scientifically proves i could never ever be with you in a love relationship, but i suspect this fact you don't exactly find unbearable. :lol:

rahvin.

@Rahve: I love Auctioned (in order to sensibilize your dwarfish-italian heart). Make me yours, big boy. :D

About all this endless discussion... I love Projector. Short but straight comment. :)

|ngenius (In loving memory of our child...)