Doom Metal

So far I've been exploring more epic doom and some traditional doom, and I'm really enjoying bands like:
Solstice (UK)
Isole
Doomsword
Mythological Cold Towers
All Souls' Day
Candlemass (of course)
Apostle Of Solitude
Reverend Bizarre
Aarni
Umbra Nihil
Centurions Ghost
Cirith Ungol
Orodruin
Place Of Skulls
The Fall Of Every Season
The Gates Of Slumber
Mael Mordha
Pagan Altar
Witchfinder General
Pale Divine
Solitude Aeturnus
Burning Witch

I'm also enjoying death/doom and funeral doom like Thergothon, Winter, Ahab, Novembers Doom, Hyponic, including a neo-classical death/doom band called Shroud Of Bereavement

im not really big on doom metal but i do like more death/doom bands like katatonia, daylight dies, swallow the sun, and evoken.

then i like others like

Warning and reverend bizarre

Yeah, shame on us for not mentioning a relatively sub-underground Japanese doom/sludge band in the first 2 pages of a doom metal thread. :p

There's already a Doom Metal thread.

Doom Metal

That's in the band rec forum. The main forum needs one of these. I'm not really looking for recs anyways & that's not what this is. Think of this as more of a Doom dicussion board.

I was listening to Candlemass on MySpace & they're alright. I will work on them, Cathedral & MDB. You all peaked my interest in Katatonia as well, so one of these days I'll check them out.

I never really got why people called Sabbath a Doom band... I always thought of them as traditional metal.

I'm very familiar with Amorphis, however it seems they blur the line on Doom. I've only seldomly heard them being called Doom. I used to think "Tales From the Thousand Lakes" was considered Doom, but I heard otherwise on a few occasions. Would something like "Tunnoela" be considered Doom??

Mournful Congregation is the one I'll mention (was alredy touched on before), but it is absolutely essential. I found The Monad of Creation to be one of the most rewarding re-listens I have ever developed an appreciation for. It's 4 songs between 10 and 20mins each, and I had to listen to each aroun 10 times before I started enjoying them, but its well worth it.