Doom Metal

Isn't it kinda debated if it came from Hand of Doom or if Candlemass came up with it with Epicus Doomicus Metallicus? Not that I care really though, it is a great song, though War Pigs is the best on the album.

Evoken: embrace the emptiness.

cathedral,candlemass,trouble, paradise lost,my dying bride, anathema etc...

Let's first make the crucial distinction overt: There is Traditional Doom Metal, like Black Sabbath, Candlemass, Trouble, and the like; then there is Death/Doom Metal, such as Dusk (US), Winter, and Sorrow; and then there is Funeral Doom, with bands such as Skepticism, Thergothon, and Mournful Congregation.

i disagree. traditional doom is

tiamat, my dying bride, anathema, paradise lost, the gathering, cathedral.

heavy doom is candlemass, black sabbath and solitude aeturnus, cuz these bands have more heavy metal influences, like solos and vocals

Childrengrinder, your opinion is wrong. It's a fact. Genres are not opinions. Most of the bands you listed are death/doom or gothic doom.

Reactions: SonOfNun
i disagree. traditional doom is

tiamat, my dying bride, anathema, paradise lost, the gathering, cathedral.

heavy doom is candlemass, black sabbath and solitude aeturnus, cuz these bands have more heavy metal influences, like solos and vocals
Please do not post in this thread anymore. :)

Why are you mentioning them in a doom thread? ;)

Because they both play doom...

I don't find the doom in Sunn though, they are just drone "metal" imo.

Drone would be a sub-genre of doom

Neither in Boris but I must admit that i haven't heard all their albums so I can be wrong there. :)

Very Very wrong. Listen to Heavy Rock among many other albums by them.

If you wanna hear Boris play doom, listen to Amplifier Worship.

Or Heavy Rocks or Pink

Because he is compelled to mentioned them along with Interpol and Peste Noire, no matter what the context of the thread.

Nope. I mention Interpol when I need to. I mention Peste Noire in the Black Metal page.

Heavy Rocks and Pink fucking rule (latter to a lesser extent, but it grew on me; Akuma No Uta too!), yeah but they're not really doomy all the time...stoner rock/stoner metal primarily. JAMS!

Pink is one of my all time favorite albums. It is one of their best records along with Flood. I would pick Pink over Heavy Rocks any day though with like "Pseudo-Bread"and "Just Abandoned Myself." Heavy Rocks, while a kick ass album, does not have the same song writing.

Mathiäs;6696921 said:
No, he is just a complete idiot.

just because he likes grind and has a tough time speaking english (as do most grind fans, since grind isn't as popular in english-speaking countries....trust me, I've been in the scene a long time) doesn't mean he's an idiot.

just because he likes grind and has a tough time speaking english (as do most grind fans, since grind isn't as popular in english-speaking countries....trust me, I've been in the scene a long time) doesn't mean he's an idiot.

But, he just said Anathema were classic doom dude.

It doesn't matter if he likes grindcore or not. He's a moron regardless of his musical taste.