Doom Metal

Thergothon is the only really essential funeral doom band imo. Skepticism, Worship and Funeral are cool too though.

Man, Worship are my favourite doom band. I usually recommend Last CD as essential doom to those looking into it.

hey, when i talk about classic doom metal, i must to say that many bands that everybody consider classic doom could be a heavy metal band, like black sabbat, candlemass and solitude aeturnus, and, on the other hand, we have some albums from death/doom bands that i don't consider a death/doom stuff, for example:

tiamat - wild honey
my dying bride - the angel and the dark river
paradise lost - shades of god
the gathering - mandylion
anathema - ethernity / alternative 4

it's not death/doom, it doesn't have heavy metal influences and i think that is the real doom metal

I have been listening to My Dying Bride 'a line of deathless kings' a lot and it's actually one of the bands best albums. I actually found the album bland at first.

the guitar tone is colossal

worst argument ever. How is this relevant whatsoever? Music is a universal language, and to mess a genre up like that indicates ignorance, not a lack of correct dialect.

opinion. he could've misinterpreted the word, there is no clear cut translation regarding any language. there are probably even words in his language (and vice versa) that don't translate as well as others. some of the words in Brazillian Portugese may also have multiple meanings. its not all cut and dry.

opinion. he could've misinterpreted the word, there is no clear cut translation regarding any language. there are probably even words in his language (and vice versa) that don't translate as well as others. some of the words in Brazillian Portugese may also have multiple meanings. its not all cut and dry.

yep. you are right, we have a lot of words that have 2 or 3 meanings...

Mathiäs;6699939 said:
Why are you defending him? He's obviously a troll.

a troll? just because he doesn't speak proper English doesn't make him a troll. besides, I have a lot in common with him and would hate to see him get the boot.

There are a couple more you're gonna want, including Sleep - Dopesmoker and (this is debatable since it is quite rock-y) Kyuss - Blues From The Red Sun.

BORIS PLAY FUCKING DOOM!!

GO TO MA TYPE IN BORIS

SUNN 0))) PLAY FUCKING DRONE DOOM

GO TO MA TYPE IN SUNN 0)))

ITS ALL RELATED TO DOOM.

THUS MAKING THEM DOOM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope you dont take w/e MA says as "The Holy Grail." Drone has nothing to do with Doom. There is absolutely no relationship between the music, or lack there of of Drone. Same goes for most "Funeral Doom" but to a lesser extent. But that's all I really care to say on the subject. Please dont let this thread go into that terrain.

hey, when i talk about classic doom metal, i must to say that many bands that everybody consider classic doom could be a heavy metal band, like black sabbat, candlemass and solitude aeturnus, and, on the other hand, we have some albums from death/doom bands that i don't consider a death/doom stuff, for example:

tiamat - wild honey
my dying bride - the angel and the dark river
paradise lost - shades of god
the gathering - mandylion
anathema - ethernity / alternative 4

it's not death/doom, it doesn't have heavy metal influences and i think that is the real doom metal

Doom Metal is pretty much "metal" in it's truest form. It all stems from Sabbath. The reality of it, is the opposite of what you say actually. Doom Metal was around way before the early 90's.

Ok, I quit. I just couldn't not comment on this post. :oops: