Doom Metal

Fuck... I've heard a good bit of Sunn O))), some Earth & the Sunn/Boris collaboration... That shit doesn't really have anything to do with what Doom Metal I've heard. Death/Doom, Traditional Doom, Melodic Doom, Black Doom, Funeral Sludge Doom, Melodic Black/Death Funeral Doom, blah blah blah all probably have more of a place here than Ambient Drone... music... That's pretty damn far off. I would even say the Stoner Doom stuff is quite a bit different, but it's not in another stratosphere like Ambient Drone. I'm no expert, but I have common sense.

If you guys wish & if there's enough fans here I would say that Ambient Drone deserves a separate thread.

Heh, I made a reply to Alter then I read the whole thread and deleted it, you must honor the wish of the moderators. :p

I must just say, imo lets keep the drone talk to the existing drone thread and talk about DOOM here even the creator of the thread seems to agree on that.

doom/death a style of doom metal. Of course it's not true old-school doom.
IMO doomdeath is mostly a style of death metal not doom metal. I mean most bands sounds like slow death metal not like traditional doom with some death metal elements.

I was listening to Shape Of Despair -illusion's play sometime in the morning which is an incredible atmospheric doom album. The song Illusion's Play around 6 minutes until the end just hits me so hard. I know people hate 'emo' and would not doubt if this section has made people upset and in complete hopeless despair.

You need to stop that shit, man. We all know you think Electric Wizard is overrated, but there's no reason to spout that opinion EVERY TIME the word Electric Wizard is on the screen.

We're all tired of it.

lol I bother you.