Doom Metal

I'm looking for similiar stuff to Swallow the Sun, Kongh and Long Distance Calling. I'm not the googler I once was.

I just recently got into Ahab...Fucking beautiful. When you think about it, the deep dark ocean can be just as grim and frostbitten as any northern forest or icicle. Listening to the whole album in the car with the bass all the way up and at night time = Amazing atmosphere

I just recently got into Ahab...Fucking beautiful. When you think about it, the deep dark ocean can be just as grim and frostbitten as any northern forest or icicle. Listening to the whole album in the car with the bass all the way up and at night time = Amazing atmosphere

Wouldn't call it frostbitten, I'd call it waterlogged

I honestly cant do funeral doom either... Pretty much every other kind of doom I can enjoy... but not it.

Yes, Coronation of the Black Sun is a great album. It might make my top-10 for this year. Their atmosphere is quite similar to Skepticism.
Ah very cool. Skepticism is by far my favorite funeral doom band so chances are I'll dig Profetus.

Never could get into Ahab. I've heard The Call of the Wretched Sea about 4 times now, and still nothing about it really stuck with me.

*Edit, Profetus update dept: On their myspace now, this is good, really fucking good.

You know what bugs me about Under The Oak on Tales Of Creation? They re-recorded a great song, but changed the best damn thing about the song; the vocal melodies in the verses. Especially at "which gave me shelter" and "I'm the last one on earth", why cange that?

Ahab sucks, funeral doom for pussies! :p

Agreed. They're just generic in terms of just general doom metal, not just funeral doom/death doom. I don't see why someone into death/doom could not get into something like Skepticism `Lead and Aether or Thergothon.

I'm loving the Ahab hate of this forum. I don't think the band is worthless, but they are just over-hyped. It really pisses me off when I read people claim they're the best extreme doom band yet those same people haven't even heard Skepticism, diSEMBOWELMENT, and Thergothon.
I'm with you here. I don't hate the band, but it was one of those things were I was expecting something really good and after hearing the first album I thought "um, that's it? :confused:"

Einherjar86 said:
Profetus sounds killer.
I'll probably order the album soon. One of the reasons I became interested in them was they played the Dooomstock Festival with Skepticism a while back.

Listened to Stream From the Heaven's again earlier tonight. Just layed down, pushed play. Best way to listen to the album if you ask me.