Dragonforce Announce New Album Details

I made a perfectly valid criticism of Herman's guitar playing, and the tosser banned me without even entering into a debate over it :rofl: It made me chuckle because it was the least moderated forum I'd ever been on up until that final week or so.

I made a perfectly valid criticism of Herman's guitar playing, and the tosser banned me without even entering into a debate over it :rofl: It made me chuckle because it was the least moderated forum I'd ever been on up until that final week or so.

Oh, wow. That's retarded. What did you say? I think he's a fucking great guitarist and all, but there are loads better (johnpetruccijohnpetruccijohnpetrucci).

I'm hoping they'll change the song structures a bit this album... I'm sick and tired of the standard 3/4 min solos in the middle of the songs. Talk about overkill.

Revolution Deathsquad took that format to the extreme, iirc the solo section is longer than every other part of the song combined

Hey has anyone else seen this? The tracklist and lengths have apparently been released. Saw it on Wikipedia and checked some other news sites and it's on there. Don't know if it's for real though since I haven't seen Dragonforce say anything about it, but:

1. "Heroes of Our Time" 7:14
2. "The Fire Still Burns" 7:50
3. "Reasons To Live" 6:26
4. "Heartbreak Armageddon" 7:41
5. "The Last Journey Home" 8:12
6. "A Flame for Freedom" 5:20
7. "Inside the Winter Storm" 8:12
8. "The Warrior Inside" 7:15

Scars of Yesterday isn't there anymore, and now we see A Flame For Freedom. Huh. Guess I'll just have to wait for the release.

NEW SONG ONLINE YES

http://www.myspace.com/dragonforce

Holy shit wow this already sounds a lot better than Inhuman Rampage's stuff, in my opinion. It almost sounds like it's a harken back to their old stuff. I. fucking. love. this.

Wicked :headbang::headbang: I really like it. Yes it sounds similar to their other stuff but it's Dragonforce. It's fast. And it's Epic - there are plenty of other bands that do more mid-tempo songs but some times you've just gotta go crazy :loco:

Least moderated forum? You oughta check Alestorm :lol:

Amen!!

I listened to the song and burst out laughing straight away at how similar the intro is to some song off SF.

It also seemed to me that ZP was REALLY fighting to keep away from the standard vocal melody he always seems to break into, but he managed to keep away, so respect to him.

And to be perfectly honest, though it pains me to say it, i think i've been desensitised from DF having not listened to them for so long and it got me really wanting to hear more... Falling in love all over again.. just to be spurned once more no doubt :lol:

But luckily i don't have to shell out on a new CD as i have SF already and that's all you ever need by DF :lol:

Someone pointed out that the new album is apparently EXACTLY the same length as Inhuman Rampage, no need to question why that is :p

:saint:

NEW SONG ONLINE YES

http://www.myspace.com/dragonforce

Holy shit wow this already sounds a lot better than Inhuman Rampage's stuff, in my opinion. It almost sounds like it's a harken back to their old stuff. I. fucking. love. this.

Good lord are you joking? This has none of the old sound to it, simply a carbon copy of Inhuman Rampage production. This could have been released as a bonus song for IR and no one would be any the wiser. At one point it reminded me of TTFATF so much I started to sing "So now we fly ever free..."! and "...we carry on!"

It's obviously different in some parts though. I like the slower, chorusy bit at 1:03 and at the end. But so many of the previous albums techniques have been yet again reused to produce something that's, to my ears, nothing new. If this song is an indication of what is to come then all our prediction have come true - same old same old.

And this is coming from an old DF fan who used to defend their musicality to the death! And I'll still get and probably enjoy the new album, we all just love to be reviewers :)

Oh and for those who want the mp3 I got sent this:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9XZ18IJZ

Good lord are you joking? This has none of the old sound to it, simply a carbon copy of Inhuman Rampage production. This could have been released as a bonus song for IR and no one would be any the wiser. At one point it reminded me of TTFATF so much I started to sing "So now we fly ever free..."! and "...we carry on!"

It's obviously different in some parts though. I like the slower, chorusy bit at 1:03 and at the end. But so many of the previous albums techniques have been yet again reused to produce something that's, to my ears, nothing new. If this song is an indication of what is to come then all our prediction have come true - same old same old.

And this is coming from an old DF fan who used to defend their musicality to the death! And I'll still get and probably enjoy the new album, we all just love to be reviewers :)

Oh and for those who want the mp3 I got sent this:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9XZ18IJZ

Good lord no I'm not joking, it's just my opinion. Maybe the production sounds like IR but it's a low-quality MySpace upload, and I mean that some parts of the song remind me of Valley of the Damned, particularly the slower bits and the chorus.

Listening now. Pretty much what I was expecting I think. I would rather there was a stronger guitar melody to their songs like on VOTD rather than just the relentless wankery, but oh well. Overall, it's a thumbs up from me!

Also, ZP's voice is really coming on. Nobody ever seems to comment on that. If you listen to their newest stuff then listen to their old demo you can really hear how much he's matured as a vocalist, all studio polishing aside.

Oh, wow. That's retarded. What did you say? I think he's a fucking great guitarist and all, but there are loads better (johnpetruccijohnpetruccijohnpetrucci).

It was a video of him jamming with Vai and Satch. They were both playing really tasteful stuff, and he just charged in hith his Aminor7s and ruined the mood of the piece totally. I got banned for pointing this out:lol:

I guess they really did change the tracklist. Even the MySpace page has A Flame For Freedom.

Thinkin of Alestorm... when I was on Amazon...
alestormamazonql4.jpg