Dragonforce! What's the big deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teh Grimace said:
enjoying something that you admit is unremarkable just because it doesn't get in the way is lame.

That's not really what I mean. Here, I'll simplify it for you:

I like ZP Theart's voice. It is not what I would consider great, but it appeals to me and complements the music well.

And stop trolling, by the way, you're starting to piss me off.

Dragonforce stuck everyone's opinions up their own asses. fags

Evil? said:
Lol. Your voice is just too powerful!

Krig you are by far my favorite poster.

actually I've never sang with a band so I have no clue.
I did do karaoke for the Bon Jovi song "wanted dead or alive"
It was great, I was busting out all kinds of screams, people were clapping and screaming and going nuts

They got an original idea playing power metal faster than any other band in the genre, and incorporating blastbeats. And, yes, they are good musicians. But the music is just way too cheerful for me.

Can't say that I am fond of Dragonforce. Here is a band that took on a gimmick and really couldn't live up to it.

VadimVon said:
Can't say that I am fond of Dragonforce. Here is a band that took on a gimmick and really couldn't live up to it.

Indeed. They can't even play most of their solos live because Sam Totman (guitarist opposite Herman Li) is drunk a lot of the time and they beef up their solos A LOT in the studio. They're going down a road to self-destruction.

VadimVon said:

Gimmick? What, playing fast? Which they do... so, even if you could class it as a gimmick, how are they not living up to it?

Note: I don't particularly like DragonForce - I think I'm just feeling hostile towards VadimVon because his sig has given me a blinding migraine.

Authentic Metalhead said:
Indeed. They can't even play most of their solos live because Sam Totman (guitarist opposite Herman Li) is drunk a lot of the time and they beef up their solos A LOT in the studio. They're going down a road to self-destruction.
Sad. :puke:

The first time i heard Dragonforce I thought, wow this is some pretty cool sounding stuff, because I had never heard power metal that fast before. Then after a few more listens the novelty wore off. I am sure that they are talented musicians, the song writing just doesn't do anything for me.

dill_the_devil said:
Gimmick? What, playing fast? Which they do... so, even if you could class it as a gimmick, how are they not living up to it?

Note: I don't particularly like DragonForce - I think I'm just feeling hostile towards VadimVon because his sig has given me a blinding migraine.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, what I meant by gimmick... When those guys first ran promos before their debut release a few years ago, they used to hype themselves as the "premier American epic black metal band". Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.