Dream Theater - Train of Thought

Did you guys already see the new cover?
It's probably their best up till now, I heard they have a contract with the looney tunes..

ToT_artcover.gif

SSJ4SephirothX said:
I can't fucking wait until the new album. I wish they would've played a song from the new album at the concert......but every song they played I knew so......yeah, they didn't.

yeah .. they wanted to keep every detail a secret until the release date I suppose, but the title and tracklist ... someone got it ..

ps: dude, control your signature ;)

Count me among the ex-fans of Dream Theater here. I had high expectations for 6DOIT, was severely disappointed, and "Train of Thought" isn`t going to get my money until I`ve downloaded and heard it some times. Portnoy/Petrucci producing, Shirley mixing, and (most probably) preachy born-again christian lyrics that put Neal Morse to shame sure don`t look promising. I bet they took the "get jordan to improvise riffs in studio and make songs out of them"-route this time around too. What a sad wretch of a band Dream Theater has become...

Just to come to DT's defense here about the song titles, those titles don't necesarily HAVE to mean born again lyrics. "In the Name of God" could be about the Crusades and how people were bloodily killed because "it was god's work." Blind Guardian has a few songs about the crusades. "Honor Thy Father" could be a sort of sarcastic way of looking at child abuse, where no matter how much daddy beats you, he loves you so respect him (which of course is BS but a beaten house wife might tell their child this).

On the other hand, DT has written religious songs before (Misunderstood, Blind Faith), so think what you will I guess...