Dream Theater - Train of Thought

MorphineChild205 said:
Who cares about the lyrics? The music is far more important.
???
wow,,, the lyrics is very important,, well, the music is more important but,, imagine an amazing music with extra-amazing lyrics,,, that's the better way, i think.

And,,, if the lyrics is not important, cut them,,, and then w'll listen to LA LA LA LA LALALALA LA songs...,,

The lyrics is very important...

DestrwidoR said:
???
wow,,, the lyrics is very important,, well, the music is more important but,, imagine an amazing music with extra-amazing lyrics,,, that's the better way, i think.

And,,, if the lyrics is not important, cut them,,, and then w'll listen to LA LA LA LA LALALALA LA songs...,,

The lyrics is very important...

I think you are right. Sometimes when I listen to instrumental songs, like LTE, I miss the lyrics. Okay, it's hard to put some lyrics in the songs of LTE, but still. You know what I mean.
Lyrics are very important for me.

Medusa's eyes said:
I think you are right. Sometimes when I listen to instrumental songs, like LTE, I miss the lyrics. Okay, it's hard to put some lyrics in the songs of LTE, but still. You know what I mean.
Lyrics are very important for me.

I absolutely don`t feel the same way. Whenever i listening to a LTE song don`t miss the vocals/lyrics. When i listening to Planet X lyrics and vocals don`t exist! :tickled:

While I am a big fan of wicked instrumental sections, intros and what not, most pure instrumental music just doesn´t turn me on. I love an instrumental here and there (like the ones by Dream Theater), but stuff like LTE and moreso the outputs of Sherinian & Friends is just mindless wanking. Gordian Knot is a different story, but that´s pretty cold and sterile music as well.

No question, some music can only function properly when purely instrumental, which is the case with Planet X, LTE, Gordian Knot, most other fusion and instrumental prog, etc...I think vocals would ruin the atmosphere and distract from the playing.

Fusion and Instrumental Prog like Planet X is really enjoyable to me, but to the non-musician, i can easily see how it might not be

While Symphony X is my favorite band, I have to admit the lyrics aren't exactly timeless classics. If I had never heard this band before and read the lyrics by themselves I'd probably say they were the gayest things I'd ever read.

Demonspell said:
No question, some music can only function properly when purely instrumental, which is the case with Planet X, LTE, Gordian Knot, most other fusion and instrumental prog, etc...I think vocals would ruin the atmosphere and distract from the playing.
Can´t find any sort of atmosphere in Planet X...

You might not like Planet X, but they sure as hell have a atmpsophere, i cant beleive people dont hear it, its a really spacy sci-fi atmosphere.

@ RequiemX;
nope, "the magic king is kidnapped by the magestic dragon" is worst.

I think that:

"In a time when dinosaurs ruled the earth, where land was swamp and caves WERE HOOOOME!!!" takes the cake.

-Iron Maiden, Quest for Fire(Piece Of Mind) 1983

First of all, i think Symphony X`s lyrics are great, they fit the music very well and that`s the point isn`t it? Anyway, i like instumentals very much if the music is good, take "The Death of Balance" for example, that song is utterly cool as it is here is not any room for vocals.
Also, Planet X and Rhapsody rules. Rhapsody have cheesy lyrics, but they fit the music.

Exactly. Now back to Train Of Thought...

I hope it's not boring. Only 7 tracks? Then again, I hope it's not all wankery, either.

Maybe it's a concept album.

I finally listened to dream theatre. In my opinion, quite overrated. Uninteresting and lacks the spark, energy and intensity of Symhony X.