Dream Theater

Powers

Good Morning USA!
Nov 7, 2005
Sunderland, U.K.
www.rackaforum.com
I'm trying to get into them because people seem to worship them, so i though i'd make the effort and ask their self confessed, biggest fanboy. Tubbs, (or anyone), recommend me their 5 best songs, or 10 if you can't narrow it down.

And, you know...have a general DT discussion if you want, it's out of my hands now.

Powers said:
I'm trying to get into them because people seem to worship them, so i though i'd make the effort and ask their self confessed, biggest fanboy. Tubbs, (or anyone), recommend me their 5 best songs, or 10 if you can't narrow it down.

And, you know...have a general DT discussion if you want, it's out of my hands now.

Get these 5 songs:

A Change of Season
Metropolis pt. 1
As I Am
Pull Me Under
Stream of Consciousness

Learning to Live
Under Peruvian Skies
Home
Space Dye Vest
Scarred

I think these should give you the best picture. If you don't like these, you won't like the band.

Try these 10 songs:

Regression/Overture 1928/Strange Deja Vu
In The Name of God
Metropolis Part 1 - The Miracle and the Sleeper
Voices
Learning to Live
Take the Time
The Glass Prison
The Silent Man
Pull Me Under
A Change of Seasons

Metropolis Part 1
Home
A Change of Seasons
Dance of Eternity

Frosties said:
Learning to Live
Under Peruvian Skies
Home
Space Dye Vest
Scarred

I think these should give you the best picture. If you don't like these, you won't like the band.
i like them, but not big fan of SDV
for me id say get those, minus space dye and plus lie

N-MAYH said:
i like them, but not big fan of SDV
for me id say get those, minus space dye and plus lie

Well, I just wanted to paint the biggest picture for the dude. Those aren't necessarily my favorite - just the most representative. Lie, I think, isn't typical DT - not that it isn't a good song (fucking amazing solo too!).

Powers said:

You don't need to have songs listed, instead get some albums.

I would suggest Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes from a Memory first, then Awake or Images and Words. All three are fantastic albums, probably said to be Dream Theater's best by most fans.

poopie%20turd.gif

pull me under
metropolis part i
the mirror
lie
space dye vest
perfect strangers (deep purple cover - might be better than the original)
new millenium
home