Drop the Ball...

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
Love the song but looking at the big picture does anyone else think Thrax is dropping the ball by not having this album ready to go? The big 4 seems like a huge success, I know the people in my theater were screaming madly during Anthrax' set (I seriously thought some drunk folks were gonna get thrown out but the theater was cool!) If the new record was about to come out I'm sure everyone there would go out and buy it. None of the other bands have new material ready this would be such a great opportunity for Anthrax to release new material while the hype is high, but alas it will be a while. Another missed opportunity? This tour will be over and the excitement of the big 4 will be gone before this album is done. Opinions?

You are right, this opportunity wil not come again and the momentum and publicity being generated right now must be taken advantage of with new music and a tour.

I'm very excited by it all, but none of us would be surprised if it didn't woek out with Joey again and they dropped the ball!!

You are right, this opportunity wil not come again and the momentum and publicity being generated right now must be taken advantage of with new music and a tour.

I haven't seen this mentioned on the board yet: the band is rumored to be joining the Megadeth/Slayer/Testament tour.

MEGADETH Mainman Says ANTHRAX Will Be Joining 'American Carnage' Tour:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=142636

Based on the current routing, I'm guessing they'd join on a leg that hits the south and southeast. If so, this means I'll be flying somewhere down south this fall!

It is kind of a missed opportunity, but I understand they don't want to rush the album out.

rush the album out? it was already finished when Nelson was still in the band and when the big four-tour was announced there were 6 months time left until the start of the tour, they should record the vox and put it out asap. if they wait too long it won't sell more copies than Stomp or Vol. 8, if they would release it now i'm sure that it would sell well.

the song "drop the ball" is one of their Pantera-wannabe songs IMO. at 2:22 it sounds totally Pantera.

I haven't seen this mentioned on the board yet: the band is rumored to be joining the Megadeth/Slayer/Testament tour.

MEGADETH Mainman Says ANTHRAX Will Be Joining 'American Carnage' Tour:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=142636

Based on the current routing, I'm guessing they'd join on a leg that hits the south and southeast. If so, this means I'll be flying somewhere down south this fall!

They should put out some new music before touring... they toured for years without any new material. Okay, they were in a tricky situation, but if they would stop senseless touring and playing poker for a few weeks they'd still be able to finally release something new. Scott likes to blame the lack of a new album on the singer-problem, but it's clear, that's not the only reason...

Anthrax been doin' some serious Ball Droppin' come lately.
Dang fools just keep a droppin' n' droppin'.
It's like, them balls just can't be stayin' in them boys hands.
Damn shame it is, yes sir indeed.

rush the album out? it was already finished when Nelson was still in the band and when the big four-tour was announced there were 6 months time left until the start of the tour, they should record the vox and put it out asap. if they wait too long it won't sell more copies than Stomp or Vol. 8, if they would release it now i'm sure that it would sell well.

the song "drop the ball" is one of their Pantera-wannabe songs IMO. at 2:22 it sounds totally Pantera.
Exactly. This album is already done minus the vocals. I remember they said SOE was rushed because they had to make the Ozzy tour and they regret it, but that album is great. With the music already recorded? Lay down those vocals and get that shit out! Yeah there are several Panteraesque songs by Anthrax but I actually like them a lot, unlike Metallica they changed their sound over the years but never had a shitty album, IMO of course. We'll see what happens.

At that time they were still waiting on Bush, right? I agree that they should put it out asap.

But...I think the question is - are they 100 % committed to Joey? Remember the latest interview he did...he said that HE HAS NOT HEARD ALL OF THE NEW STUFF YET!
C'mon...how he is supposed to figure out what he is supposed to sing if he does NOT know the songs?
At least they let Bush hear all the stuff and consider whether those tunes were worth any further development...

T:)

Hearing it first is a dbl edge sword for a singer. You can end up sounding too much like what youu heard or work way to hard not to and fuck it all up.

But...I think the question is - are they 100 % committed to Joey? Remember the latest interview he did...he said that HE HAS NOT HEARD ALL OF THE NEW STUFF YET!
C'mon...how he is supposed to figure out what he is supposed to sing if he does NOT know the songs?
At least they let Bush hear all the stuff and consider whether those tunes were worth any further development...

Hearing it first is a dbl edge sword for a singer. You can end up sounding too much like what youu heard or work way to hard not to and fuck it all up.

Yes, I understand that too...but I've understood that THEY - like Joey calls Charlie and Scott - are happy with 5 or 6 songs...so I suppose Joey just needs to get the lyrics sheet, hear the melody line like it is supposed to be sung and go to singing booth and do the job...5-6 songs plus perhaps some live stuff from Sonisphere festivals would make a Nice Fuckin EP...:)

Not talking about Dans work i guess. He will have to listen to the instrument tracks in order to contribute some vocals ;)

thanks to internet we've already heard some of that stuff - Dan's live version - ...and like you said it is not their strongest...but perhaps those tunes will get better now...while Scott is playing poker...:)

while Scott is playing poker Charlie could try to get Gary Holt, Lee Altus or DD Verni to write an album full of awesome Thrash songs for Anthrax.