Drums - sounds and timing question

M.Lehto

Jun 25, 2002
I have drums tracked on 7 separate tracks. 1xbass, 1xsnare, 3xtoms and 2xoverheads. At few faster parts bassdrum and snare are a bit of timing, so is there any program, that could fix that in wav-file?

I also would like to know how to use compressor for drums etc, but that might already been discussed in this board, so I'll search that info elsewhere, but feel free to write something here also.

I'll add, that the drums are already recorded, so I have no way to re-record anything (I'm not the drummer anyway).

Thanks for that! I've been doing it manually in Nuendo for a while, and while I can get results, it's unbearably tedious... this should help... although the music I work on the most frequently usually has tempo changes and an odd time signature or two...

Frank'nfurter said:
If the Drummer is in a huge lack of preciseness what will you do with the overheads and the cymbals mics when you'd corrected the skins? There will be a huge amount of flams audible.

That's the advantage of this soft, polystretching :) It corrects all the tracks accordingly to each other (does that mean something ?) so they stay perfectly in phase. Only problem is the one I mentionned : no time signature or tempo changes possible...