DVD 'Roundhouse Tapes' set for November

What the hell? Thats stupid in my opinion! They hype up the DVD all year and then when it comes to around the time when everyone is expecting a release date, we find out that its just a CD and the DVD is still in the works! Thats bullshit if you ask me, granted a CD is better than nothing but still.
Why talk about the DVD and all the features and fan interviews it will have all year only to find out it won't be released until next year???

So I thought about this for a bit and the only reason that seems logical right now is that Opeth probably didnt get very good sales with the Lamentations live CD as everyone already had the DVD so no need to buy it but if they release the live CD 1st this time, everyone will buy that so they can atleast hear the live recording but when the DVD comes out, they will all buy that too so they have the visual aid and all the bonus fan stuff.
Hmmmmmm seems like a good marketing/money-making strategy to me, not accusing Opeth just a thought that I feel had to be put out there..
Im sure there is a real reason behind this sudden change of tune that Mike will no doubt come along and clarify but yea, cant help but wonder.....

So I thought about this for a bit and the only reason that seems logical right now is that Opeth probably didnt get very good sales with the Lamentations live CD as everyone already had the DVD so no need to buy it but if they release the live CD 1st this time, everyone will buy that so that can atleast hear the live recording but when the DVD comes out, they will all buy that too so they have the visual aid and all the bonus fan stuff.
Hmmmmmm seems like a good marketing/money-making strategy to me, not accusing Opeth just a thought that I feel had to be put out there..
Im sure there is a real reason behind this sudden change of tune that Mike will no doubt come along and clarify but yea, cant help but wonder.....

Marketing campaign or not, it sucks ass >:

Bah.

Normally, I'd just rip the DVD audio for myself(like for Lamentations).

I don't want to listen to the audio before seeing the show. Kinda ruins it.

This topic rules, I love how the title proves he didn't read the blurb he posted, and basically the entire first page of posts also seems to have read the topic title and the release date and nothing else.

'coz at this time it wasn't said it just was a Live CD. Everyone waiting for a Dvd and not a CD

Rocky Raccoon said:
What the hell? Thats stupid in my opinion! They hype up the DVD all year and then when it comes to around the time when everyone is expecting a release date, we find out that its just a CD and the DVD is still in the works! Thats bullshit if you ask me, granted a CD is better than nothing but still.
Why talk about the DVD and all the features and fan interviews it will have all year only to find out it won't be released until next year???

"do you mean deliverance? if so, you're right, Axe RUINS that song for me. Too damn slow...Lopez had a much better sense of dynamics and tempo - he really knew when to push it to give the song that extra energy. It really shows on that song."

Yeah like lopez managed it better, deliverance on lamentations is way faster than on the album. Maybe Axe likes it slow and heavy. The new drummer could have been anyone and people would've still kept whining.

"do you mean deliverance? if so, you're right, Axe RUINS that song for me. Too damn slow...Lopez had a much better sense of dynamics and tempo - he really knew when to push it to give the song that extra energy. It really shows on that song."

Yeah like lopez managed it better, deliverance on lamentations is way faster than on the album. Maybe Axe likes it slow and heavy. The new drummer could have been anyone and people would've still kept whining.

What the hell are you talking about?

Lopez is the drummer on Deliverance, and on Lemantations you know...

we all know record labels for some years now don't we? ... so of course a label which has rights to some music of a band that is selling very well now, will try to make the most money it can of it.
I'm a bit disappointed as well, but what can we do, we live in a capitalistic society, so deal with that or unleash a revolution :p ... the dvd will come, not long after that probably the new album, and also new tours ... so 2008 will be a great year ;)

OPETH's "The Roundhouse Tapes" will be released as a high-definition-filmed DVD in early 2008. This will also feature lots of fan interviews, band interviews, soundcheck footage and live photos, along with exclusive menu music written by mainman Mikael Åkerfeldt and keyboardist Per Wiberg.

"...+ exclusive menu music written by Åkerfeldt and Per Wiberg"

Thats pretty cool.
Nice initiative.

Rock solid duder..!!!!....thats really cool of tehm....i jsut wish it would come out earlier...but o well....I guess we can wait alil longer....i prolly wont be buyin teh CDs......Ill wait till teh see teh show...adn then buy teh CDs....i dont wannan spoi the fun..!!!...hahahaha.......PEAC EOUT

"...+ exclusive menu music written by Åkerfeldt and Per Wiberg"

Yeah, 30-second looping elevator muzak can be pretty hot. :)

Black_Session said:
I'm a bit disappointed as well, but what can we do, we live in a capitalistic society, so deal with that or unleash a revolution :p

I knew America was capitalist as fuck but Sweden too? And you're from Belgium, so what the hell society are you talking about? There's more than 1 you know. ;)

IAmReptar said:
I don't want to listen to the audio before seeing the show. Kinda ruins it.

Agreed. And kudos on the Rugrats nickname!

Subterranean Homesick Alien said:
Oh boy... you guys are difficult to please :Smug:

Not really. It takes about 6 minutes, minimal effort. :D