Early Finnish Death Metal

I can't believe I just saw this thread today. I love Finnish death metal.

28u19hs.jpg

Privilege of Evil is where it's at for Amorphis albums. Did you guys here that the current Amorphis lineup has plans to re-record their first 3 albums? Fucking gay.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV5xVPFKDuM&feature=related[/ame]

Reactions: Onder
Fucking gay indeed. The Karelian Isthmus and Privelege of Evil are their only albums worth a damn anyway. The latter being one of the best EPs of all time.

Reactions: -CC- and Onder
What's the point? Current Amorphis fans probably aren't interested and old-school death metal fans won't even fucking bother.
Don't underestimate the current fanbase. Almost all the songs featured on the compilation have been played live in the recent years, many of them are staples in the set. So apparently there IS a point. I like almost all their stuff and I'm definitely interested in how Joutsen fits in the studio with the early stuff. His favourite Amorphis songs are from that era.

Also Tomi Koivusaari has a some kind of role on the vocals side, maybe in the song above.

Last edited by a moderator:
False. Twelve tracks from the first three albums have been re-recorded and will be released later this year. No plans on re-recording whole albums.

I'm looking forward to it. You can always listen to the originals anyways. What's really the big deal.

I'd be very interested in hearing how a re-recording of Privilege of Evil will sound like...the problem with re-recordings is they almost always lose that great guitar sound that made the original so great!

One of my favorite moments is at 1:45 of the title track where the guitar makes that deep bending sound that sounds like a dying demonic cat...will they be able to reproduce it? Or will they perhaps top it?