Elementary school shooting

Wonder if the dude listened to Marilyn manson?

On a serious note though, this is ridiculous, why america won't give in to gun control alws when shit like this happens i'll never know. We do fine without guns here in the uk

This right here:

23786915.jpg

On a serious note though, this is ridiculous, why america won't give in to gun control alws when shit like this happens i'll never know. We do fine without guns here in the uk

Did I actually inb4 on a gun control derailment moments before it actually happened? I am good.

Yeah, cause all the "EU guys" have the same opinion...

You got me, I was being a little overgeneralizing, just trying to poke fun a little bit, didn't mean it too much :p

The only real legitimate gun regulation that I could be for is requiring that gun buyers are required to have a gun purchasing license and in order to get that licence you have to undergo a psych evaluation and then have a background check every few years to get it renewed. That could be better as it would allow you to walk into a gun shop and purchase a gun without needed to wait a few days for a background check for every damn purchase and you prevent mentally unstable people with no criminal record to get their hands on any weapon legally.

It won't stop mass shootings though, mass shooters will still buy illegally and nothing you could possibly do to stop that without converting our government to a totalitarian police state. You could have what is going on in China, they can't get their hands on guns, but it doesn't stop mass killers from going on and stabbing people with knives and killing and injuring just as many people, including children as the shootings in the US. Then again shootings in the EU happen as well, while not as frequent as the shootings per capita here, it is still common over there too.

Even though these things do happen, there have only been 62 mass shootings in the US in the past 30 years, 150 different guns (not types, but individual) being used, out of 150 Million legal gun owners and over 300 Million guns. Obviously as horrible as these tragedies are, its still too few and far between to punish the other law abiding citizens from legally owning semi automatic and automatic hand guns and rifles or any other form of protection for that matter.

Yeah I know where you're coming from, but surely it'd be less common if they weren't so easy to get hold of.

And judging by that columbine documentary michael moore did, america needs to change its news too :p

I hear you, and while I agree - it's nearly impossible.

People will get their hands on whatever it is that they want, some how, if they want it badly enough.

I'm not exactly sure how true this is, but I hear around where I live, it's easier to get heroin than it is weed. And after seeing a few friends die from the shit, and my own brother going through the shit, I believe it.

I'm not racist by any means, but when I was in highschool, there were like MAYBE 5 black kids attending. Now I drive past the school after it lets out and its almost 50/50. And now the same school I attended also requires dress code.

It's just getting bad everywhere, it seems. And it's really sad. Take me back to 20-30 years ago.

That could be better as it would allow you to walk into a gun shop and purchase a gun without needed to wait a few days for a background check for every damn purchase and you prevent mentally unstable people with no criminal record to get their hands on any weapon legally.

Idk about Cali laws, but here in PA, you can purchase a gun and do background check in like 10 mins, on the spot, and walk about of the store with a gun and ammo. Back in the day you had to wait days. Now it just seems too easy.....

Idk about Cali laws, but here in PA, you can purchase a gun and do background check in like 10 mins, on the spot, and walk about of the store with a gun and ammo. Back in the day you had to wait days. Now it just seems too easy.....

I am not completely sure how it works here. I think my dad was able to pick up the parts for his AR-15 lower and take it home that day. Then he bought the upper online and they shipped it immediately. Keep in mind the whole thing had to be assembled from the ground up, so I don't know much about buying an already complete and working gun.

I think you are right though.

Yeah I know certain guns you can still buy at Wal-Mart, like shotguns with no background check.

My buddy just bought a Glock .45 cal a few weeks ago from a gun store, background check right there on the spot, and walked out with the handgun and ammo.

For rifles and larger guns you may still need to wait, not sure.

But, kids in cities and being around/in gangs and whatnot....just all too easy for them to get their hands on stuff. It's like our population (disease) has become extremely corrupt in the past 10 years and took a huge turn for the worse.

What I heard about Walmart, saw a Youtube video of a guy interrogating an employee that said that they cannot sell .223 caliber ammunition even though they sell complete and functional AR-15s. Then I saw another one where I guy who was 20 years old bought an AR-15 but could not buy .223 ammo because he wasn't 21. He could still buy any other round INCLUDING a slug which for those who don't know is massive compared to a .223 round.

I guess its the paranoia that its mostly young males that do shootings and the round size is you guessed it, a .223. Maybe Walmart doesn't want the PR.

Then I have heard in some states, as you said, you can go into a walmart and buy a shotgun with no background check, as long as you are 18. Its like WTF?

I'm gonna be that Eu guy, and instead of just saying "as usual" or elaborating for hours, I'm gonna make it kinda short :

- Guns don't shoot people, people use guns to shoot people. True, but also, it makes the step psychologically easier to do, and makes gun available at any moment to a crazy person since they are "everywhere". If it were casual to have bazookas, I'm sure there will be more blown up houses in the US.
- Also, the empirical statistics just don't go in favor of "guns are good" in the US. The number of criminal deaths is just insane, per head. I don't think the "per weapon sold" is a good way to look at it. Lot of weapon sold, or not, those kids are dead, that's the thing. If you imagine something silly, just so that I make my point : atomic bomb exploding in 30 years over a big city : "but if you count the fact we have 10 000 nuke heads, it's actually a very low percentage of nuke actually used, so it's fine". To me it doesn't matter how many you can count.
- Tell me how making everyone have a gun is gonna help reducing the number of deaths in the first place, by the way
- The "but at least I can defend my children" argument is invalid, since if every single person has a gun, any single argument can end up in a shooting. Wouldn't it be better if no one got one, and people just argued with their fists instead ? Caricatural yes, but also true. Tell me how this guy would have killed 30 people if he didn't have a gun. Don't say "he could have got one anywhere anyway". Yes but fact is that it doesn't happen so often and so easily, truth is in the examples of other countries. If today I became psychotic and wanted to get a gun, I don't know where I could buy one, unless I had to build up a whole plan for it, and I would certainly go with something else, less efficient. Even with a good sword I would certainly get my ass kicked before I score 30. Those who shoot kids aren't necessary established criminals either, those usually just do their business, drugs, whatever, but those who kill innocents in schools are usually "casual" unstable people. So to me it's better if it just doesn't take an ID and a few bucks to have a simple shotgun.
- Empirical again : almost no guns here, and no bloodbath every 6 months. Last one in france was a year and a half ago and was far from being such a bloodbath, and I don't remember the previous one tbh
- "If a little part of the population has guns, then it's better for me to be on the side of those who have one, just in case". That makes sense of course, but it's just the vicious circle IMO, and doesn't solve the problem in the first place. To me, it's totally not an argument in favor of "it's better to legalize guns". It's only an argument in favor of "for me INDIVIDUALLY right now in this place it's better to have a gun than not, to protect my own family". That's the fact guns are popular that created the problem in the first place.
- The thing as well is the bigger the medias make an event out of every shooting, the more it's gonna inspire new crazy young people. They are crazy enough to find it admirable in their way. Total vicious circle here.

Now I'm being the one in the "target" of pro-gun US guys, I know, but that's ok to debate, and this is my opinion.

I'm gonna be that Eu guy, and instead of just saying "as usual" or elaborating for hours, I'm gonna make it kinda short :

- Guns don't shoot people, people use guns to shoot people. True, but also, it makes the step psychologically easier to do, and makes gun available at any moment to a crazy person since they are "everywhere". If it were casual to have bazookas, I'm sure there will be more blown up houses in the US.
- Also, the empirical statistics just don't go in favor of "guns are good" in the US. The number of criminal deaths is just insane, per head. I don't think the "per weapon sold" is a good way to look at it. Lot of weapon sold, or not, those kids are dead, that's the thing. If you imagine something silly, just so that I make my point : atomic bomb exploding in 30 years over a big city : "but if you count the fact we have 10 000 nuke heads, it's actually a very low percentage of nuke actually used, so it's fine". To me it doesn't matter how many you can count.
- Tell me how making everyone have a gun is gonna help reducing the number of deaths in the first place, by the way
- The "but at least I can defend my children" argument is invalid, since if every single person has a gun, any single argument can end up in a shooting. Wouldn't it be better if no one got one, and people just argued with their fists instead ? Caricatural yes, but also true. Tell me how this guy would have killed 30 people if he didn't have a gun. Don't say "he could have got one anywhere anyway". Yes but fact is that it doesn't happen so often and so easily, truth is in the examples of other countries. If today I became psychotic and wanted to get a gun, I don't know where I could buy one, unless I had to build up a whole plan for it, and I would certainly go with something else, less efficient. Even with a good sword I would certainly get my ass kicked before I score 30. Those who shoot kids aren't necessary established criminals either, those usually just do their business, drugs, whatever, but those who kill innocents in schools are usually "casual" unstable people. So to me it's better if it just doesn't take an ID and a few bucks to have a simple shotgun.
- Empirical again : almost no guns here, and no bloodbath every 6 months. Last one in france was a year and a half ago and was far from being such a bloodbath, and I don't remember the previous one tbh
- "If a little part of the population has guns, then it's better for me to be on the side of those who have one, just in case". That makes sense of course, but it's just the vicious circle IMO, and doesn't solve the problem in the first place. To me, it's totally not an argument in favor of "it's better to legalize guns". It's only an argument in favor of "for me INDIVIDUALLY right now in this place it's better to have a gun than not, to protect my own family". That's the fact guns are popular that created the problem in the first place.
- The thing as well is the bigger the medias make an event out of every shooting, the more it's gonna inspire new crazy young people. They are crazy enough to find it admirable in their way. Total vicious circle here.

Now I'm being the one in the "target" of pro-gun US guys, I know, but that's ok to debate, and this is my opinion.

you've just made every single point I wanted to make but couldn't find the words for :L

Also regarding your bloodbath in france, I don't remember there being one at all, so it must've been pretty small if it didn't make international news. I don't remember there being a major killing spree in England ever, in fact the only one I can ever think of from the top of my head is the various ira shootings, and they were in the 70's/80's.

The only major gun crimes I can recall making big news over here were that guy who was shot that triggered riots, and that's about it.

^
It was an Islamic guy who, IIRC, shot a girl and an adult next to her in front of a private Jew school and before or after killing a police officer. He then stayed in an appartment, and after negociations failed, and after making him tired and cold for a whole night, the GIGN (french xxPD) shot him up