EMG ABQ / Jackson JE-1000

Yea....that's the reason I started this whole thread, as I wasn't sure what the actual freq was with the JE-1000 as i wanted to see if the ABQ was indeed a copy of the JE-1000.

Well, it all based on the JE-1000. The MM-04 was nearly a direct copy of the JE-1000 and so is the ABQ of the MM-04. The main difference is the price and the availability. The Je-1000 is nearly impossible to find somewhere whereas the MM-04 is not as rarely but available at b-music for over 100€. And now you can get a pickup+MM-04 for under 100€ in every store.

Btw... here you can hear the difference between my old Blackout+MM-04 and now J-50BC + Je-1000

S&D blackout ahb-1 + MM-04
Jackson J-50BC + JE-1000

Well, it all based on the JE-1000. The MM-04 was nearly a direct copy of the JE-1000 and so is the ABQ of the MM-04. The main difference is the price and the availability. The Je-1000 is nearly impossible to find somewhere whereas the MM-04 is not as rarely but available at b-music for over 100€. And now you can get a pickup+MM-04 for under 100€ in every store.

Btw... here you can hear the difference between my old Blackout+MM-04 and now J-50BC + Je-1000

Jackson J-50BC + JE-1000
wow really nice sound! Which combo did you use to record kissing the shadows?

Yea, I looked everywhere for that damn MM-04 and I could only get it shipped to me from Australia(I'm in Florida). So cost of product plus shipping was nearly $200.00 dollars. And the JE-1000 is like some lost relic you need Indiana Jones to find, so I decided to give EMG a try. I mean for $100.00 you really can't beat it, and if I hated it I could always return it locally and get a diff PU.

So for anyone else who is like me and doesn't have access to the JE-1000 or MM-04 the ABQ is the next best thing.

Everytime I plug in I get the biggest shit eating grin. I have never been happier with my guitar and its electronics. Been a good year so far. Got my RR24M, the ALX set, a MXR 10 band EQ, a Ibanez TS-9, and my first tube amp....Bugera V22.....contrary to popular believe this amp is pretty sweet. Vintage sounding amp with mid boost pushed into metal territory equals a mess in my pants.

Arcane...I could deff hear a slight diff in the 2, but its hard to tell if the diff is the PU or the MM-04/Je-1000

Also, the clip with the blackout...is that with gain boost off? And I am assuming with the J-50BC the boost is on??

wow really nice sound! Which combo did you use to record kissing the shadows?
The blackout combo but I used the SoloC vst too.
Yea, I looked everywhere for that damn MM-04 and I could only get it shipped to me from Australia(I'm in Florida). So cost of product plus shipping was nearly $200.00 dollars. And the JE-1000 is like some lost relic you need Indiana Jones to find, so I decided to give EMG a try. I mean for $100.00 you really can't beat it, and if I hated it I could always return it locally and get a diff PU.

So for anyone else who is like me and doesn't have access to the JE-1000 or MM-04 the ABQ is the next best thing.

Everytime I plug in I get the biggest shit eating grin. I have never been happier with my guitar and its electronics. Been a good year so far. Got my RR24M, the ALX set, a MXR 10 band EQ, a Ibanez TS-9, and my first tube amp....Bugera V22.....contrary to popular believe this amp is pretty sweet. Vintage sounding amp with mid boost pushed into metal territory equals a mess in my pants.

Arcane...I could deff hear a slight diff in the 2, but its hard to tell if the diff is the PU or the MM-04/Je-1000

Also, the clip with the blackout...is that with gain boost off? And I am assuming with the J-50BC the boost is on??

I used no boost for both clips :)

The blackout combo but I used the SoloC vst too.

I used no boost for both clips :)

Well, damn......sounds killer w/ no boost...I like it.:headbang:

Yea, it was basically all of your videos and hearing the tone you got that really made me want to get the JE-1000/MM-04/ABQ.

Maybe I'm a little geartarded, but what is the SoloC vst?

Well, damn......sounds killer w/ no boost...I like it.:headbang:

Yea, it was basically all of your videos and hearing the tone you got that really made me want to get the JE-1000/MM-04/ABQ.

Maybe I'm a little geartarded, but what is the SoloC vst?

I was wondering the same, cause that tone is killer!

Ah...computer stuff...no wonder I didn't know what it was.

So you planning any more covers Arcane? Nothing like watching a well done cover tune.

Jackson J-50BC + JE-1000

HOLYshitz

how the hell do you get your J50-BC and JE-1000 so Bright ...
i have an usa j50BC installed with a JE-1000 but my tone is noway so agressive as yours :ill:

Ah...computer stuff...no wonder I didn't know what it was.

So you planning any more covers Arcane? Nothing like watching a well done cover tune.
I'm doing Wrath Within and Next In Line next week I think. Or maybe some others, let's see... I just have like 40% of all Bodom songs down and 0% Sinergy yet so you can expect new covers for every week or so - when I have time :)

HOLYshitz

how the hell do you get your J50-BC and JE-1000 so Bright ...
i have an usa j50BC installed with a JE-1000 but my tone is noway so agressive as yours :ill:
The brightness is just a hall in my tone and the agressive... well, I don't know. :)

Awesome..Can't wait to hear/see them.

Your tone...its all in the hands.....you can have the same exact set up as someone else, but we all play different so the tone comes out a little different.

I'm doing Wrath Within and Next In Line next week I think. Or maybe some others, let's see... I just have like 40% of all Bodom songs down and 0% Sinergy yet so you can expect new covers for every week or so - when I have time :)

The brightness is just a hall in my tone and the agressive... well, I don't know. :)

ah i know

you Recorded it with a Pod (Plug in PC thing ) and i only hear it Trough the Amp speaker :loco:

that you have recorded the tracks With an kind of Record machine.

dont know the name for it but line6 Pod for Example. like those kind of things
like Mitch uses that korg thing.

and when i listen to my sound its only out of my amp Speaker.

thats why your sound is so Clear and bright and aggresive:p

the line6 thing is not the record machine,the computer is the record machine :p
the line6 thing just works as DI/Box, A/D converter:loco:

I still dont really get the clear-sound-amp-speaker-thing.

dont know the name for it but line6 Pod for Example. like those kind of things
like Mitch uses that korg thing.

and when i listen to my sound its only out of my amp Speaker.

thats why your sound is so Clear and bright and aggresive:p

I also use the Korg as my amp. And I also still don't get what you mean. You think that my sound is better because I play over an effects-processor which I linked with my notebook (line in) and your sound is worse because the amp you have is shit?

I also use the Korg as my amp. And I also still don't get what you mean. You think that my sound is better because I play over an effects-processor which I linked with my notebook (line in) and your sound is worse because the amp you have is shit?

Damn are you smoking weed :oops:

look at the post above yours. thats what i ment.