Emo bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perpetual Catatonia said:
Huh?! Are you serious? None of those people were depressed until right before school started in 2005. Most of those kids wore Korn and Slipknot shirts, and next thing you fucking know they're listening to even worse shit cause they're "emo" and just want to be trendy.

That's the reason I hate them. They claim to be depressed and outsiders, but they dress that way to get attention. Plus if they were truly depressed they would either finish themselves off or reject the attention that they get.

Got a problem with ppl listening to Slipknot? I for one also am a fan of Slipknot, SO WHAT? If you got a problem take it to someone who cares cuz I don't. If they want to dress that way, that's their choice. I'm sure I don't like what you listen to either or don't like the way you dress but you don't see me making fun of you now, do you? So stop acting so damn immature.

To be honest, I go through my day not once worrying about what the Emo kids are up to. I'm 29 years old, what goes on in high school has about as much interest to me as an old Ronald Reagan film. Metal kids are just as trendy as Emo kids. Long hair, metal shirts, rebel attitude...it is all a trend, just like Emo's trends. If you are so insecure about your image that you have to bash what other people do, then maybe you are the one that should be bashed. I hate Emo music too, I vomit at the sound, but I don't care enough about it to bash the people that enjoy it. Listen to your damn music and don't worry what other people are listening to.

Black Core said:
Got a problem with ppl listening to Slipknot? I for one also am a fan of Slipknot, SO WHAT? If you got a problem take it to someone who cares cuz I don't. If they want to dress that way, that's their choice. I'm sure I don't like what you listen to either or don't like the way you dress but you don't see me making fun of you now, do you? So stop acting so damn immature.

You just don't get it. I don't dress the way I dress cause it's cool or a fad. I dress the way I dress cause I like the clothes, their cheap and, no one (around here) has the same shirts as I do. Therefore no one makes fun of me.

I didn't say I have a problem with Slipknot fans, I said I have a problem with them turning "Emo" all of a sudden just to get more attention.

Now you're calling me "Immature" when I'm not the only one talking about emo's yet I'm the only one you're singling out. Way to be mature, huh?

Danallica said:
Ive said it before and Ill say it again

Coz its fucken metal :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

quoted for truth.

Say no to emo :rofl:

Anyone else witness the lush anti-emo riots at Download this year?

The rioting was pretty lame because innocents got hurt, but the anti-emoness that preceeded it was funny-as.

Neith said:
Well, we're all giving them attention by whining about them. Makes you wonder what the point is really, doesn't it?

+1 :headbang:

Yeah, I don't really have any problems with emo people. In fact, I hate gangstas and preps 1000x's more, and that's only because most of them are snobby assholes.

Tongue_Ring said:
i hadn't realized that emo had changed
punk was great, up untill Good Charlotte changed it

To me Punk is still the same. I never let GC change that ... Wow were talking about GC in a metal forum, haha.

Emo is just another one of those things that have been caught by the media and changed so now it's cool for people to "be" emo.

You just don't get it. I don't dress the way I dress cause it's cool or a fad. I dress the way I dress cause I like the clothes, their cheap and, no one (around here) has the same shirts as I do. Therefore no one makes fun of me.
And who says that they aren't wearing those clothes just because they like em?

I didn't say I have a problem with Slipknot fans, I said I have a problem with them turning "Emo" all of a sudden just to get more attention.
and still no one has given a definition of what an "Emo" actually is. Anyone who can get +10 from me.

Now you're calling me "Immature" when I'm not the only one talking about emo's yet I'm the only one you're singling out. Way to be mature, huh?
It was not my intention to only get on your skin, sorry if I have, I was just using you to get to anyone who is calling out "emos"

Keltoi said:
To be honest, I go through my day not once worrying about what the Emo kids are up to. I'm 29 years old, what goes on in high school has about as much interest to me as an old Ronald Reagan film. Metal kids are just as trendy as Emo kids. Long hair, metal shirts, rebel attitude...it is all a trend, just like Emo's trends. If you are so insecure about your image that you have to bash what other people do, then maybe you are the one that should be bashed. I hate Emo music too, I vomit at the sound, but I don't care enough about it to bash the people that enjoy it. Listen to your damn music and don't worry what other people are listening to.
+1
You're so right

btw, didn't I meet you at another board before? (where I was called DarkestTheOne) cuz you're name sounds familiar

I wont continue this cause it will go on forever. But here's your definition(s).

Emo (Old definition) - A genre of music. "Emo" is short for "Emotionally driven hardcore punk rock" or just "Emotional Hardcore".

Emo (New definition) - Now a stereotype/fad. Someone is "Emo" when they act like (yes, "act like") they are depressed, wear certain things, (Girl pants, sweaters, thick rimmed glasses.) and have ridiculously styled hair. "Emo" kids don't necessarily listen to "Emo" music.

Ragga said:
quoted for truth.

Say no to emo :rofl:

Anyone else witness the lush anti-emo riots at Download this year?

The rioting was pretty lame because innocents got hurt, but the anti-emoness that preceeded it was funny-as.

Wait what? Explain Explain!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.