Emo bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perpetual Catatonia said:
Emo (Old definition) - A genre of music. "Emo" is short for "Emotionally driven hardcore punk rock" or just "Emotional Hardcore".

Emo (New definition) - Now a stereotype/fad. Someone is "Emo" when they act like (yes, "act like") they are depressed, wear certain things, (Girl pants, sweaters, thick rimmed glasses.) and have ridiculously styled hair. "Emo" kids don't necessarily listen to "Emo" music.
what's causing the confusion is that almost nobody is familiar with both definitions

Emo (Old definition) - A genre of music. "Emo" is short for "Emotionally driven hardcore punk rock" or just "Emotional Hardcore".

Emo (New definition) - Now a stereotype/fad. Someone is "Emo" when they act like (yes, "act like") they are depressed, wear certain things, (Girl pants, sweaters, thick rimmed glasses.) and have ridiculously styled hair. "Emo" kids don't necessarily listen to "Emo" music.
TR is right, nobody knows these definitions.

I think a logical question that comes forth from this second defenition is:
How would someone know if someone is just acting like he's depressed or that he actually is depressed?
and
Ridiculously styled hair is a stupid argument since it depends on someones definition of it.

emo.jpg

Summer ... lol Sorry didn't clarify that.

But I guess you're right about the definitions. Most people know only the new one and think that the term "emo" is new.
yeah, there's a lot of people that only know the new one
but
there's also alot of people (like me) that are only familiar with the old definition

it's when somebody that's only familiar with the old def interacts with somebody that's only familiar with the new def that creates the confusion

when i 1st saw this thread
i thought "Emo" was merely a type of music from when i was a kid and i thought this thread was going to be bashing that kind of music

it doesn't matter if you bash music or ppl, it's all the same. I think it's childish and disrespectfull to everybody when you bash anything. Nothing wrong with saying you dislike something but making an entire thread about it is just wrong.

Silver Incubus said:
You so cool, and trendy. I wish I could use big boy language as well to express the angst of living in a middle class family. Only the future will tell!
shoe.jpg

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha:headbang:

i have a good friend that listens to mostly metal (and brittany spears. WTF?) he dresses emo because he thinks it gets him female attention, and as much as i hate that style of dress, it does.

Vital Remains said:
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha:headbang:

i have a good friend that listens to mostly metal (and brittany spears. WTF?) he dresses emo because he thinks it gets him female attention, and as much as i hate that style of dress, it does.

Hmmm, it helps him get female attention?...........

I'm thinking of trying this then, cause I sure as fuck don't get any attention being myself.

The next person that tells me, "Just be yourself!" I swear, I'll kill them.

Well, alot of girls I know are attracted to gay guys. Probably explains why.

Status
Not open for further replies.