Engl amps.

Gaahh, I couldn't focus on the thing at all because the bleeding click bugged the hell out of me :ill: :lol:

And yeah, I remember touching on that subject when I posted that clip AGES ago. I like to track with my monitors crank and couldn't be arsed to re-track it because of some click bleed.

I actually kind of dig it, in hindsight =D

Gotcha!

I didn't have the time to track anything yesterday, but I'll try and get something up this weekend.

I am on my laptop, so I don't really have any clips on it, except for a death metal'ish riff I tracked with my Invader a while ago. It was just to get the riff on "tape", so I didn't pay attention to the settings or the mic position that much. I used my Orange cab for this, even though I do prefer my Mesa Recto 4X12".

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=718968

So, unedited (no lp filter, nothing) fizzy (I had the mic dead center) clip with not the best settings. Just to show that the Invader is not only a "djent" amp. If I remember correctly, the clip was quad tracked, not very tightly which can be heard during the "thrashy" riff. A bit dark, I had the presence too low etc...

I will post better clips later this weekend. This time with the Mesa cab. proper settings and maybe even drums.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW dude, those are more mids than I ever thought possible! :loco: It's got a great chunk, but my god, between the nature of the amp (as I expected), the cab, and maybe not even the settings (it could just be a really middy amp regardless of knob position), the mids are utterly overbearing and it's just really fuzzy sounding. I dunno, I guess it has potential, so I'd really like to hear it through the Recto cab!

I got an Engl Fireball about 2 months ago and im loving it,
i had a peavey 6505 and marshall jcm800kk prior to this and i kept the
fireball the other 2 had to go. Its all down to personal preference at the end of the day. I think Engl take far too much abbuse on this page lol

with that said i wouldnt mind trying a Savage
actually this is my next purchase and ill put the blackmore and fireball
back to back and post some clips.

Well I certainly don't want to put down CJ's clips or turn this into a pissing match (though clearly you've already taken the first step with that ;)), but "Remote Floods" is the only one I've listened to thus far, and it's heavy as all hell, but also, I feel I can never really judge a tone that's in like drop A or whatever it is, cuz everything sounds heavy (as a really heavy thing) and chugz like a mofo in that tuning - also, I find the tone slightly metallic. I mean, it's awesome, don't get me wrong, but I still prefer many of Lasse's or GuitarHack's tonez, for example!

Well I certainly don't want to put down CJ's clips or turn this into a pissing match (though clearly you've already taken the first step with that ;)), but "Remote Floods" is the only one I've listened to thus far, and it's heavy as all hell, but also, I feel I can never really judge a tone that's in like drop A or whatever it is, cuz everything sounds heavy (as a really heavy thing) and chugz like a mofo in that tuning - also, I find the tone slightly metallic. I mean, it's awesome, don't get me wrong, but I still prefer many of Lasse's or GuitarHack's tonez, for example!

Were going to be putting up some newer tones from our fireball. Remote Floods is really old. and also we will be doing it in different tunings. so hopefully we can get some better ones soon ;)

The Savage was used on Necrophagist's "Epitaph" and will be on their new stuff too. And I would guess Ihsahn used his Savage for his solo work.

Were going to be putting up some newer tones from our fireball. Remote Floods is really old. and also we will be doing it in different tunings. so hopefully we can get some better ones soon ;)

Fuck yeah, just PLEEEEEEEEASE make some through a Recto cab! :headbang:

And I would guess Ihsahn used his Savage for his solo work.

Blehhhhh, never liked the tone on "The Adversary", sounds like a Pod to me (and I'm pretty sure I read that he used a Powerball on that) - haven't heard any of his other solo stuff!

I always thinked this too

I remember Muhammed answering this question back when there was a Necrophagist forum...he's used other Engl amps live. I believe he's currently using one of the SE's.

I also remember Muhammed saying that they tried to get the same sound as the 860 from other Engl heads, but could never really nail it.