Epica and Amaranthe

Love the new Amaranthe cd. Bought tickets to my first ProgPower to see them debut in the US! Of course, I've never seen Epica or Symphony X yet, so this is going to be a hella great show next year! I DID get to see Seven Kingdom's back in December open for Blind Guardian here in Albuquerque. I know we aren't the best metal crowd out here...but you guys (and girl!) kicked ass! Was that someone's mom over at the board's taking pictures and such? lol

Epica has enough variety to the music that I can occasionally listen to an album and I'm fine. I find it hard to make it through the entire Amranthe album in one stretch. It's just too pop-like, and it all runs together for me. Elize is obviously hot, and has a great voice, but I just can't take the songs for right now.

Thank you for getting me. So few do, apparently.

One of my favorite moments from last year's PP was taking a picture with Jake and Elize - I'm pretty sure we were all a bit tipsy, and Elize kept wanting to take more pics because she didn't like the angle, or Jake was making a stupid face... or SHE was making a stupid face.

They were there last year?! Why? Just as concert goers? I musta missed that :(

<3 the Amaranthe peeps! I asked Jake to sign my PPUSA shirt and he drew a heart on it. :oops:

... and then I washed it. Gone forever. LESSON LEARNED.

1. Use a 'Laundry Marker' when getting clothes signed
2. Use a silver Sharpie marker, and use clear spray paint over it. I did this with a Demons & Wizards shirt (black Sharpie tho, doesn't show up as well, woulda if it were silver), and Jon Schaffer's signature hasn't washed away at all

You are doing a shitty job.

Hey....I'm sorry. That's my bad. That was my first post on the UMF. I got tickets last night to ProgPower 13 next year, so thought I should join and start meeting people. And I asked him a direct question. So it's my fault I guess. I just thought it was cool that he's on here and posting. I haven't seen enough threads to realize this was a faux pau.

So back on track...very excited to see Amaranthe's next video for the "ballad" Amaranthine. Yes "Hunger" is way over the top, but that's what I loved about it! :D

They were there last year?! Why? Just as concert goers? I musta missed that :(

Yes. Both Jake and Elize were guest vocalists for Kamelot (along w/ Michael Erikson and Tommy Karevik).

47415_436422422942_88398722942_4995861_7249965_n.jpg

Elize Ryd during "Nights of Arabia" at ProgPower USA XI in Atlanta - Sept. 10, 2010

58258_436422397942_88398722942_4995858_1671763_n.jpg

60113_438990337942_88398722942_5048540_7678908_n.jpg

More photos

~Jen

1. Use a 'Laundry Marker' when getting clothes signed
2. Use a silver Sharpie marker, and use clear spray paint over it. I did this with a Demons & Wizards shirt (black Sharpie tho, doesn't show up as well, woulda if it were silver), and Jon Schaffer's signature hasn't washed away at all

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. :D

Well just saw Kamelot @ Firestone.

first time seeing Simone. anything she did just looked effortless.

Both girls sang perfectly and sounded great! I was really happy to have Sabrina make it so she could witness it! Also, Alisa from the Agonist did Shagraths parts in march of mephisto. it was amazing.

I never was a huge Epica fan. Nothing specifically wrong with them, just never grabbed me. But Amaranthe I'm psyched about. Their studio stuff just crackles with energy, if they can translate even a fraction of that power live, they are going to be one of the highlights of the year!