Eternity, the best Anathema album

when the album was out I was really amazed... It was like all I wanted to hear from the music itself... and I was afraid that the next album will be dissapointing like most of the bands do.
BUT NO, Alternative 4 was slightly different, but also amazing... and next, next...
so Anathema is the only band that keeps their music fresh & exciting... and I hope they won't dissapoint us in future like other bands did.

Originally posted by Ivo

so Anathema is the only band that keeps their music fresh & exciting... and I hope they won't dissapoint us in future like other bands did.

Absolutely... If only My Dying Bride were the same these days :cry:

Originally posted by requiem

Absolutely... If only My Dying Bride were the same these days :cry:

Aren't they?!

The Dreadful Hours are even better then Turn Loose the Swans!!! It's dooming better then ever! (well that's my opinion)

i totally agree with the Beloved.
it's the best anathema album, with great songs like Angelica, Eternity 1,2,3, Suicide veil ...
lovit

so many lyrics..I remember when I first got the cd it took me hours just staring to that phrase and the art..
and i agree with Ivo that eternity is a positive stasis in Anathema history..:headbang:

and i fuckin love ascension regardless what you say

MDB's TITS - the music is mostly very funny, some riffs were clearly written by poking fingers at the most comfortable fretting positions. very incompetent, unmusical band back then in 93. lyrics good.

MDB's TITS - the music is mostly very funny, some riffs were clearly written by poking fingers at the most comfortable fretting positions. very incompetent, unmusical band back then in 93. lyrics good.

Who cares? Guitar wanking isn't everything. Doom (as well as other musical styles) is closely connected to minimalism, an elaborate technique can be of lesser importance sometimes.
MDB's last album is pretty boring, I agree with some people here, but reducing music to technical skill sounds one-dimensional.

Originally posted by Ivo

Yeah, they have better feeling!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

okey dokey you got me there

D Mullholand - i dont think i see what you mean. music is funny? i always thought they had caught some of the saddest doomiest melodies in that album! and now you comne up and say they are, of all the things, "funny"? unmusical? just because they press chords the way you described doesnt make them unmusical, in my opinion. TLTS is a masterpiece and a classic, whether we like it or not.

Agree with you...
IMO the album musically is very simple, but this is not what's importand - it has a huge emotional and atmospheric impact for that time (early 90's) I remember when "Symphonaire Infernus" was out... by that time everything was death metal and listening to these scarry violins for a first time - man it was amazing!!!