European headlining tour 2009

WHHAAAA finally I got my tour t-shirt I never got to get at Amsterdam !! A million and more thanx to Veo here from the forum who got it at the gig in Hamburg !! :headbang: Fooook u roooock !!

lol saw the gig in Amsterdam and got the tour T from Hamburg !! Coool !! Never tried that before lol :headbang:

Thanks for the vid chb, great quality. But hey, am I the only one who thinks that they did it MUCH too fast? Imo it sounds like they were in quite a hurry... or is it just me??

Thanks for the vid chb, great quality. But hey, am I the only one who thinks that they did it MUCH too fast? Imo it sounds like they were in quite a hurry... or is it just me??

lol yeah well everything was notched up a bit in speed, but arent it always when live? - and imo it rocked even more than usual :kickass:

Thanx for the nice comments on the vid u guys ! Was my first ever - might try some of the others :Smokin:

Yes! I was hoping someone would put up a review of this gig! :kickass: Great pics too :D :D I didn't think the bass was overpowering or anything though..but then again I was front and could hear Roope and Alexi perfectly anyway.
The American accent is understandable enough imo,the majority of what he's been exposed to as a Fin with regards the English language and accent has been from an American perspective what with the amount of American movies that he watches,American bands he listens to,not to mention having an American girlfriend for a long period of time.
I agree though about the stage banter. It's like he feels he has to continuously curse to reinforce his metalness or something,it's a bit annoying but at least he's usually an excellent live musician as are the rest of the band.I really enjoyed the Nottingham gig actually.:kickass:

Hey, glad you like the photos and review (well, some of it!) :) You have very valid points about the accent thing - everything you say crossed my mind too actually so maybe I was a little harsh there! I don't speak Finnish (with an American/English accent or whatever), so who am I to criticise?! As for the bass-heavy mix - the sound was surprisingly much better from the photopit, although wherever else I stood in the venue after that just seemed rather too bassy. That's just Rock City though - it's always hit and miss with sound. Cool gig overall though :headbang::headbang:

@ chb: To me it seems that Alexi had problems to keep up with Jaska´s speed :D, so I am glad they did it at usual speed when I saw them in Stuttgart, but well... just my opinion. Maybe I´d also like it if I´d heard it live :)

Well it was pretty damn fast, I agree. Didnt notice the pace probs tho... :kickass:

Fook I love Jaska, he's amazing on those things. Glad I got a good shot of him from the balcony :headbang: :OMG:

Why do I suddenly have the feeling that the later shows where more fun than the first half?

Not that I'm complaining or anything...

:lol: You spoke out what I´ve been thinking the last two weeks... but I´d bet it´s just because I slowly begin to forget some details from the show I saw myself. And because they had a lot of fun in the following shows, you may get the feeling that you missed something?