Explain your title...

Ordeith

Infernal Garden Gnome
Oct 14, 2001
Norway
ermmmmmm
You saw this one coming I guess after the explain your avatar and nick threads :)

My title comes from a short story I wrote a few years ago about a garden gnome which was, you guessed it, evil :) It was probably the funniest thing I've ever written and therefore it popped into my mind when I was trying to make up a cool title for myself.

Roll on...

To get this one we must go over my old title...

Well... I'm a goddess... or so a close friend (alt. ex-boyfriend) and I decided. He joined my cult, signed over all his possessions et.c. But aside from that... am extremely proud, but at the same time fairly breakeable. When I chose the title I was going through the whole process of trying to get emotionally back on my feet, and it was a time of great uncertainty.

Simply: I'm a goddess... but I'm a porcelain goddess, so I might be able to handle being knocked over a few times (although there'll be nicks and visible marks), but lift me up too high and drop me and you'll probably not be able to piece me together. Or something like that. I think it sounds nice. :p

...then things got better, I decided I'm not as easily shattered as that, damnit. I'm a CERAMIC goddess. ;)

Well, since Vintersorg is "Ödemarkens
Son" (albumtitle) I'll be ödemarkens
dotter (doughter of the wilderness) :eek:)

I don't really like the title though, and
whenever I'll come up with something
better I'll change it.
Feel free to help me out on this! >:eek:)

My title is literally defined in as meaning: "The oppressive influence of the past as controlling the present."

I believe we are all influenced by our past and the pasts of others, for goor or bad. Thus the title.

well if they think 2Pac isn't dead i believe Jeff Buckley isnt either. well actually i dont but theres a lot in his songs saying he may be.

''stay with me under these waves tonight...' - nightmares by the sea.

well he is under the waves, he drowned.

''from the coral graves they rise up, when darkness falls'' - hes in a coral grave.

Originally posted by Oyo
Well, I'm Oyo, and my avatar is in the box, and your avatar represents you, so I'm in the box "Oyo in the box"

Wow, Oyo...thats a really... deep...thought..

:D