Face Off: 1. Megadeth vs. Metallica

Who is the most m/ worthy of them all?

• Total voters

BlueSky

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2006
Thought I'd liven the board up with a versus thread. I know some will complain as it's the internet, but if all goes well maybe we can do this weakly or biweekly. Feel free to leave your thoughts or even suggest some bands you'd like to face off at a later time. Considering this is a metal site I thought we could start with metal's biggest rivalry.

For me this one is a no brainer, Megadeth by a long shot. Then again I've never like Metallica so I could be a bit biased. :heh: Objectively though, Dave has always ran with a more talented crew will under the Megadeth moniker. Then there's most people's complaint that they don't like Dave's voice, but honestly I'll take his snarl over James "yeahhhhhh" Hetfield any day. That one just comes down to personal opinion I suppose. Most importantly I think Dave has, and will always be the better song writer. His writing is very in your face yet very melodically sound, and catchy. Songs like Trust, and Train of Consequence stick with me, whereas nothing Metallica has ever done makes me want to give a second listen.

What do you dudes, and dudettes think?

Edit: And oh yeah, most people consider quite a bit of Metallica's best stuff to have had Dave's touch.

Exactly, its a no brainer. Metallica! :)
One of the reaseons... Jaymz rules! His voice in the 5 first albums is awesome, his appearance in those days was pure awesomeness.
So yeah... early Metallica was awesome and will allways be awesome.
Its just awesome.

One band made Kill 'Em All, one band didn't.

I still have to give props to Mustaine for writing some of the licks though.

from my 12~17 i listened to nothing but Metallica. But in the past few years i discovered Megadeth, and it has some brilliant stuff. i Don't know in who to vote =(

i voted megadeth cause rust in peace is the best metal album there is out there. ever. imo.

on the other hand, watching the whole discography of both bands... metallica's first five albums are truly masterpieces. megadeth have 5 great albums but those 5 vs. metallica's five, i think i'd choose metallica's.

i love mustaine's eccentric attitude although he can be really annoying at times too. (less annoying than lars urlich, but still)

next thread could be maiden vs. tallica or something...

on the other hand, watching the whole discography of both bands... metallica's first five albums are truly masterpieces. megadeth have 5 great albums but those 5 vs. metallica's five, i think i'd choose metallica's.

i love mustaine's eccentric attitude although he can be really annoying at times too. (less annoying than lars urlich, but still)

This is pretty much what I was going to say. I'd also like to add that I saw Metallica live in 1996 and was disappointed. On the other hand, I've seen Megadeth 5 times and they never disappoint.

Went with Megadeth. Very close though between the two, but I say Megadeth just because Metallica got bad.....really bad.