Face Off 12: Nu Metal vs. Core

The Worst of the Worst

• Total voters
Disturbed is hard rock at best...nothing about them is metal...that's just what MTV and radio stations call them to make people believe it's metal.

I prefer Nu Metal just because of Deftones, which is a spectacular band that shits on all the other horrible nu metal bands, and is far more convincing than some extreme metal crap out there.

I actually like Disturbed, but to me from their second album on they're hard rock bordering on metal. Their first album is the closest thing they have to nu metal. When I think of nu metal I think of bands like Korn(which to me have their own sound), Static X, Mudvayne, etc and others I've forgotten or never got my attention. I've barely listened to Deftones either, but from what I heard of them I wouldn't even call them nu metal. I haven't listened to any core bands either so I can't really comment on them, but I'll guess there isn't much worth looking for, haha.

I still stick by the hard rock tag...and being metal isn't always particular good anyways...there's plenty of shit metal out there.

I was just replying to the other guys statement. How I read it, it seemed like he meant that it was a travesty to have shitty metal or something...

I also drink heavily.

Disturbed is gay. So is Bret Michaels.

You mugger get up and get down with da sicknezz. WOooo ahhhh Ahhh AHH.

IP-Monkey-Mugger-340.jpg

As far a lyrics go Disturbed has some great lyrics whats gotten bad about them and this is just a statement of true facts, David Draiman is a great song writer i just wish every song they make didnt sound the same. Take there new single Asylum the intro kinda sounds like a doom metal song.

They really need to go back to the way they sounded in Believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Hopesfall, Converge, Botch, Cave In or even Dillinger count as Metalcore, I really don't think you can call it a wholly bad genre. It's like saying that the new In Flames record represents all Death Metal. Even if Metalcore's worst bands i.e. Atreyu, Caliban etc are worst than Nu-Metal's worst bands, Nu Metal overall is way worst because it was more a trend than anything.