Family guy thread

It's ok from what I watched, I just happened ot watch it when The Simpsons and King of The Hill went off. I really think King of The Hill is an underrated show. The Simpsons, South Park, Beavis and Butthead, and King of The Hill are all way better than Family Guy.

Family Guy, The Simpsons and South Park are all great shows and have all had periods where they sucked. Family Guy was great to begin with, then went crap after it came back from cancellation; The Simpsons was awesome and kept getting better for years and years and YEARS before losing it in the early '00s; South Park was great to begin with then turned utter shite for about 3 or 4 seasons before coming good again (although the more recent eps I've seen would suggest it's back to shite once more).

I'm surprised, but pleased, that the reactions are so lukewarm. Everyone at school goes apeshit over this show, when it's never been close to as good as The Simpsons. There were a few bad seasons for the Simpsons, but the last two or three have actually been pretty solid. It's the first two or so years that aren't that great. Seasons 4-9 are excellent.

But yeah, Family Guy is overrated, and they use the same gags way too much, like the brief flashbacks. That's just lazy writing where you can't get a joke to fit in the storyline at all.

But yeah, Family Guy is overrated, and they use the same gags way too much, like the brief flashbacks. That's just lazy writing where you can't get a joke to fit in the storyline at all.

Yeah they rely far too much on random humour. The flashbacks are sort of the show's trademark, and are occasionally funny, but mainly annoying these days.

simpsons is one of my favorite shows and one of the greatest shows in the history of TV IMO. Easily much better than family guy, but I still enjoy family guy a lot.

Family Guy was great to begin with, then went crap after it came back from cancellation;

check out the last few episodes, they have been really good.

King of the Hill had (has?) some really funny characters- Dale, especially- but the episodes themselves were usually pretty weak. I watch it sometimes, but not very often. I haven't seen it one TV in a long time, though.

I hate King of the Hill, when it first came out I enjoyed it but then it progressively got worse after the first season. It was better when Hank was basically Mr. Anderson's character.

I still don't understand why the Simpsons is still popular. The last ten seasons have been garbage. Most shows after a few seasons become formulaic but at least Family Guy and their 'flashback' jokes are different scenarios each time, and still hilariously entertaining. The Simpsons, on the other hand, when was the last time I actually saw a decent joke, if any or at least something entertaining? At one point, I did think The Simpsons was the best show on TV but it doesn't even compare to how it used to be.

Bryan is racist.

Stewie: Your right Brian, what kind of man would I be if I left the relationship now?

Brian: Well, you'd be a black man.

Stewie: WOOOOAAAAH!!! WOAH! WOAH!

Brian: SORRY! Thats my father...

Stewie: You gotta watch that. Bad dog.

I think they actually used the Indiana Jones parody (referring to "top men" and showing the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark") twice.

And they need to get rid of that fucking old pedophile guy. He was pretty stupid to begin with.