Farmakon gig - AFTERGLOW

I was there obviously and hadn't really heard any of the bands before (except for a short bit of Farmakon's song in Metalliliitto). Well I knew most of the guys from Masterstroke apparently. I really felt sorry for the second band there. They were total crap. :D

Have to say that the Farmakon guys were all very talented players but really hope that they never open for Opeth in a gig... :rolleyes:

Seems that the "success" at Yo-talo has gone to your heads. :Smug:

Well next time, if there is a next time, when Opeth decides to pay a kindly visit all the weirdo fans that sent them death threats a while back will actually kill Åkerfeldt & Co and pass the torch to you guys. Then you can return the favor by cancelling all already booked Sverige gigs. :rolleyes:

Distorted said:
Janina I think I remember seeing you at the gig. If you smoke I'm pretty positive I remember you. :err:

So it must've been me :)
I must admit, that I do smoke, though I was on a strike for 2 years :erk:

Start another one that will last longer. :D

I guess I have a real problem against cigarette smoke. Probably because I don't smoke and my hair smells real nice after a bar night and blah blah... :rolleyes:

I feel I have no choice but to grace the band members with my presence and share my opinions. :devil: First of all, the gig at Yo-talo. The band performed beautifully, but...why in the name of all that is unholy do you mimic a certain band so fucking accurately? Some originality wouldn't hurt. :err:

We mimic a lot of bands accurately. :D
Some people think we sound like "The Certain Band" but I think the biggest reason for that is Marko using the same vocal technique as The Certain's singer. They are a major influence and we really are not doing this "copying" like some of the people say on purpose. We just make music we like to play and listen and add some. I'm not sure if this answers to your question but anyway. :erk:

If people would actually listen, the riffage doesn't sound much like TCB at all. The drums don't sound TCB-ish to me, and I can't remember TCB using too much funk or lounge jazz (or whatever you crazy kids are calling it these days) in their music. I certainly don't think of TCB when I listen to A Warm Glimpse... except for a couple of moments here and there. :p