favorite band quotes...

lvk104

Lauren
May 29, 2007
PA, USA
I'm new so feel free to shout at me if this is the wrong place or a bad topic...I figured it'd be fun to post favorite interview quotes from musicians, particularly Bodom guys.

I'll start things off with a few of my favorites...:

1) Zarok (interviewer): I always loved the keyboard melody at the end.
Alexi: Well yeah, that song as well has a lot of good parts but back then, song writing for me was totally different, you know, because I was only looking at the riffs and didn't know how to make a song and how to make that part sound good as far as… (hiccup) I was thinking about it. I was like "Ok, that's good to go, next one." But I wasn't looking at the song as a one fucking (hiccup) piece. Oh fuck, I got the hiccups.

2)Which album would you try to convince a girl of you?
Alexi: At least with none that has R&B on it! But also not with one that has songs of Pestilence on it. Nine Inch Nails is the perfect band for good sex, that's why I choose The Downward Spiral.

and then there's Roope's drunken rambling in the "Trashed and Lost in Helsinki: series...particularly in the Ruttopuisto section (starts around 2:45 in the video linked below)
(check it out here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gjy6EOa-Bnk )

this thread fails

thumbs_down.gif

"I know that a lot of people are against us. But they can get fucked and eat shit and die. Manowar are here to show everybody else that Metal will live on." -Joey DeMaio

"Somebody who never compromised their music and their integrity. And never screwed their fans. Somebody who always delivered Metal, and melted people's faces at maximum power." -Joey DeMaio on how he would like to be remembered.

"We play Metal pure, you know. We don't play radio bullshit. We don't suck ass." -Joey DeMaio

"This is what we do. And if you like it, good. If not, go fuck yourself." -Joey DeMaio

"It's a shame that future musicians growing up now are being influenced by trash; it's really upsetting. You are basically formed by what your influences are and if you've got losers for influences, you're going to have a hard time overcoming that." -Eric Adams in an interview conducted in 1988