Favorite Bands/New Discoveries

Big Tini said:
:devil: I´m not her sherif :devil: It´s up to her.
May be Disturbed - let me inform you, she is attending lots of rock shows !!!:kickass:

Ain't that the truth!!!
Just got back from Rob Rock's Vice reunion show in Connecticut. Damn good time and great music. They have a great metal cd store there and I spent.....well, a LOT on cd's. Felt like a kid in the candy store.:headbang:

Dave and I have TONS of new stuff for the radio.

(BTW, the answer to the question is I'm going to Helsinki for the NW show.) :Smokin:

Well, we certainly won't be seeing them here for awhile, so when TheEngima got tickets, I just couldn't resist.

How was Rob Rock? He is a damn fine vocalist and I wonder how good his new album is.

Nightwish in Helsinki at the beautiful Hartwall Areena, it does not get any better than that!

...and WOW! I had heard some of Theocracy's demo stuff before, but after hearing 'Twist of Fate' on your show just now, all I can say is WOW! Thanks for playing that. I'll have to put that on my next list from The End Records.

good stuff!

Picked up three cd's while in Helsinki. Favorite so far is Machine Men's Elegies. Melodic metal with a slick, fast-paced presentation it's easy to get sucked up in their groove and play this cd repeatedly.
Also got Swallow the Sun, another Finnish band. Reminds me of early Within Temptation without the female vocals. Intriguing, dark and disturbing, their Ghosts of Loss cd is themed around obsessive love, mental deviance and ultimate loss. Not a light listen for a pick-me-up, but the musical compositions are intricate and interesting and the dark, death vocals possessive and hard to ignore. Great stuff when you're in a "kiss my ass" kind of mood.
Finally, the last Finnish band, Kiuas is more of a melodic, battle-metal in the vein of Hammerfall and that ilk. The Spirit of Ukko has a strong folk influence (Ukko being one of the major gods of Finnish Folklore) causing the typical chalice-raising metal to be flavored with fantasy and mystery. Fun stuff!
I recommend all three bands and you'll soon hear them on BEC Internet Radio!

Rider of Theli said:
Let's get some Icarus Witch into the roster. Good stuff from PA.

and where's that Savage Circus? I don't see it yet...

:kickass:

~Hoyt.
Ah, great band. Might be in the "stack-waiting-to-go-up". Large tower that is. Dave doesn't enter a cd into the rotation w/o providing a link to their website, a site selling their cd and an image of the cd. Takes a little more time that way, but it's good for the bands. Patience, that will hit the roster soon.

AMBR said:
Picked up three cd's while in Helsinki. Favorite so far is Machine Men's Elegies. Melodic metal with a slick, fast-paced presentation it's easy to get sucked up in their groove and play this cd repeatedly.
Also got Swallow the Sun, another Finnish band. Reminds me of early Within Temptation without the female vocals. Intriguing, dark and disturbing, their Ghosts of Loss cd is themed around obsessive love, mental deviance and ultimate loss. Not a light listen for a pick-me-up, but the musical compositions are intricate and interesting and the dark, death vocals possessive and hard to ignore. Great stuff when you're in a "kiss my ass" kind of mood.
Finally, the last Finnish band, Kiuas is more of a melodic, battle-metal in the vein of Hammerfall and that ilk. The Spirit of Ukko has a strong folk influence (Ukko being one of the major gods of Finnish Folklore) causing the typical chalice-raising metal to be flavored with fantasy and mystery. Fun stuff!
I recommend all three bands and you'll soon hear them on BEC Internet Radio!

thos cd kick ass :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

I love shopping at music stores in Finland, only with the Euro it is more expensive. Keltainen Jäänsärkijä, (Yellow Submarine) is my favorite right next to the rock club Tavastia. Great metal selection.

AMBR said:
I love shopping at music stores in Finland, only with the Euro it is more expensive. Keltainen Jäänsärkijä, (Yellow Submarine) is my favorite right next to the rock club Tavastia. Great metal selection.
Sorry to correct you dear, but it is Yellow Ice-breaker. Remember those huge vessels at north Katajanokka harbor? ;)