Favorite Bands/New Discoveries

Snowy Owl said:
Through the amazing work of Arjen Lucassen and his Ayreon project I discovered an amazing vocalist named Eric Clayton, the vocalist of the Christian metal band Saviour Machine. The music is dark and haunting and Clayton's vocals have a David Bowie vibe to them. Very cool and very interesting. However, I do not know how I can acquire more of their work because I have second thoughts about venturing into a Christian music store.

If anyone else is familiar with Saviour Machine, please let me know!
Very familiar with them, their music is awesome. Buy anything you can find by them i reccommend it all.

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Once again Dave you have thrust a new addiction on me. *shakes fist* DAMN YOU!!!

heh heh it's all good. I just have to explain to my wife where our funds are disappearing to. All this new metal... :worship:

~Hoyt.

What Santa brought me, or 'My list of PHAT LEWT' - thanks in part to my addiction to Beyond Ear Candy :Smug: :

• Demons & Wizards - 'Touched by the Crimson King' limited edition
  • Edguy - 'Mandrake' limited edition
  • Gamma Ray - 'Majestic'
  • Lefay - 'S.O.S.'
  • Morgana Lefay - 'Grand Materia'
  • Pagan's Mind - 'Celestial Entrance'
  • Pagan's Mind - 'enigmatic: calling'
  • Pyramaze - 'Melancholy Beast'
  • Savage Circus - 'Dreamland Manor'

and on dvd:

• U.D.O. - 'Nailed to Metal' boxset
  • Manowar - 'Hell on Earth IV'

my son also received the following on cd and dvd:

• Children of Bodom - 'Are You Dead Yet?' limited edition
  • Children of Bodom - 'Something Wild' deluxe edition
  • Edguy - 'Hall of Flame'
  • Nocturnal Rites - 'New World Messiah'
  • Sonata Arctica - 'Reckoning Night'
  • Iced Earth - 'Gettysburg' dvd

:kickass: :worship: :hotjump: :devil: :headbang:

Rider of Theli said:
What Santa brought me, or 'My list of PHAT LEWT' - thanks in part to my addiction to Beyond Ear Candy :Smug: :

• Demons & Wizards - 'Touched by the Crimson King' limited edition
  • Edguy - 'Mandrake' limited edition
  • Gamma Ray - 'Majestic'
  • Lefay - 'S.O.S.'
  • Morgana Lefay - 'Grand Materia'
  • Pagan's Mind - 'Celestial Entrance'
  • Pagan's Mind - 'enigmatic: calling'
  • Pyramaze - 'Melancholy Beast'
  • Savage Circus - 'Dreamland Manor'

and on dvd:

• U.D.O. - 'Nailed to Metal' boxset
  • Manowar - 'Hell on Earth IV'

my son also received the following on cd and dvd:

• Children of Bodom - 'Are You Dead Yet?' limited edition
  • Children of Bodom - 'Something Wild' deluxe edition
  • Edguy - 'Hall of Flame'
  • Nocturnal Rites - 'New World Messiah'
  • Sonata Arctica - 'Reckoning Night'
  • Iced Earth - 'Gettysburg' dvd

:kickass: :worship: :hotjump: :devil: :headbang:

Nice, Hoyt!

That haul is so BAAAAAAAAAAADDDD its good!

I posted my recent haulage at the Progpower forum.

I just fell in love with Nicodemus. They are on the same label as Overlorde. If anyone is tired of the same old shit THIS band will open new doors for you. It's totally unique and clever metal. :worship: They are on the playlist at beyondearcandy! look em up!

cool forum here! better than most that's for sure

Peeps;

I am not really into death metal, but I found an all-girl band that might tickle your fancy. The band is called Matriarch. Picture Tarja Turunen and Floor Jansen fronting Behemoth. Mix it up, and you get Matriarch. The link http://www.matriarchpr.com

Peace,
Ray C.

This is not a new discovery, but more of a overlooked era of a great band.

Everyone talks about Angela Gossow and Arch Enemy with her as vocalist. But what about the era with Johan Liiva (original vocalist)? The albums Black Earth, Stigmata and Burning Bridges are just mindblowing! You will not find the Amott brothers in better form than you will on those three tour-de-forces! Liiva sounds like a more demonic version of Tom Warrior from Celtic Frost.

While I love the current era, nothing for me tops the first 3 albums. Check 'em out and do not ignore this era in Arch Enemy's history.

Progrock_Lover said:
Anyone have a opinion on Forever Slave? I just found about this band recently
Haven't heard Forever Slave yet. How would you describe them? Got a web link? Thanks! Always like to find new bands.:headbang:

Progrock_Lover said:
Anyone have a opinion on Forever Slave? I just found about this band recently

Yes, their frontwoman is the Anna Kournikova of metal. She is all flash, no voice. I think she is more interested in fetish modeling than singing.

Peace,
Ray C.

Here's a very awesome and more unique power metal band I just discovered in 2005:

Sabaton
http://www.sabaton.net/
www.download.com/sabaton <- (for several free songs to download. Especially make sure to check out the first two, Primo Victoria and Panzer Battalion)

These guys have a vocalist with a great dark voice that suits their music perfectly. Most power metal bands have high-pitched wailers...not this one. Their newest CD released last year titled Primo Victoria is a masterpiece of an album, not a single weak song on it. It's main theme is war (WWII, Six-Day War, Operation Desert Storm, Stalingrad, etc), which once again, the singer's dark voice adds a whole new level to the music.

I haven't been able to stop spinning this CD over and over since I got it about 6 months ago. That CD was worth every penny, and then some.

The CD is avaiable at The End Records website. $13.50 and free shipping (very good reliable online store too, I've made several purchases there without any problem).
http://shopping.theendrecords.com/

Definitely a band you should get up on BEC radio also :headbang:

Well, I didn't want to make a whole new thread for this, and the Contact Us section of your website isn't working for whatever reason, so I'll just ask it here.

If there's an artist I'd like to get on BEC radio, how do I go about doing it? Is there an address that I can send a CD to you guys?

Selppinevoli said:
Well, I didn't want to make a whole new thread for this, and the Contact Us section of your website isn't working for whatever reason, so I'll just ask it here.

If there's an artist I'd like to get on BEC radio, how do I go about doing it? Is there an address that I can send a CD to you guys?
Sure, just email me at dave@beyondearcandy.com.:wave: Hey, I recall meeting someone at either ProgPower or Chicago Powerfest last year that was using that BOC cover for their avatar (Very cool album cover). Was that you?

Dave@BEC said:
Sure, just email me at dave@beyondearcandy.com.:wave: Hey, I recall meeting someone at either ProgPower or Chicago Powerfest last year that was using that BOC cover for their avatar (Very cool album cover). Was that you?

Yup, that was me :D It was at Chicago Powerfest, which I'm sad that I may not make to this year. I used to post on the old Nightwish OSA board when you guys were hosting it. Now I just pimp out your website :headbang: