Favorite Bands/New Discoveries

Rider of Theli said:
here's my latest find
Communic
good band man :headbang:
definitely one of the future acts in serious metal bands.
I have seen them twice and of course posess their CD.

Let me throw in a new thing:
everybody knows Iron Maiden :headbang:
there is a "Numbers From The Beast - an all star salute to Iron Maiden"
brougt out from http://www.rykodisc.co.uk/
Artist heroe column reads like who is who in Heavy metal:
Dee Snider, Lemmy, Phil Campell, Jon Bush, Joe Lyn Turner, Chuck Billy, Michael Schenker, Jeff Scott Soto, Ripper Owens, Marco Mendoza etc. etc.

I would recomment this strongly to all Maiden fans - it´s a super CD :headbang:

Wow, check out Jari Kainulainen's, (ex-bass player of Strato), new band, Mess. They really kick ass! There are three clips on the site. Tell us what you think.
mess.jpg

I have been following this band for about nine months and their new singer and album rule! If you like high quality progressive metal with strong elments of power metal, epic orchestration, neo-classical guitar, and vox ala Russell Allen style...them check out Suspyre!!! I made this banner to spread the word, do what you can to help high quality metal musicianship!
suspyrebnr.gif

Hey everyone, just a little note to check PYRAMAZE, totally awesome if you haven't already heard them. New CD coming out in JAN, "Legends of the Bone Carver". Check it out also.

John

hey John, I just ordered the 'Melancholy Beast' cd from CDInZane... along with several others - all due to my addiction to BEC. DAMN YOU DAVE!!! LOL

:loco:

Seriously though, I think I've requested practically every song from the Pyramaze album on BEC over the past couple of weeks. I'm really digging it. And I look very forward to the 'Legend of the Bone Carver' album. I hope you take this as a compliment, but I would consider Pyramaze to be the new millenium's equivalent of Queensryche. In other words, I think you're breaking new ground in combining the best elements of Pogressive Metal and Power Metal - much like QR did with their first couple of releases.

Other cd's I have ordered - and which I blame Dave for - include Edguy's 'Hellfire Club' and 'King of Fools' ep; Lefay's 'S.O.S.'; Heavenly's 'Dust to Dust'; Theocracy's self-titled debut; Pagan's Mind... ok, I can't blame him entirely for that one. I've been meaning to order it since before the last PPUSA. Also ordered Gamma Ray 'Majestic'; Sonata Artica 'Reckoning Night'; Children of Bodom 'Are you Dead Yet?'; and Manowar 'Hell on Earth IV' dvd, where I hope to see myself on video if they didn't add me to the cutting room floor.
And then two others I have wanted since PPUSA (but couldn't afford, since I had to put out 600 bucks a week before the show to get my truck fixed)... Savage Circus and the latest Demons & Wizards.

WooHoo! Gonna be a True Metal Christmas!!! :D

:kickass:

~Hoyt.

Rider of Theli said:
WooHoo! Gonna be a True Metal Christmas!!! :D
~Hoyt.
indeed - I can see this :D you start piling up your depot - damned right son:headbang:
O.K. - let me throw in a new thing. New and super good rock´n´roll band from down under. I just registered on their forum a few minutes ago. I´ll see them on March 19. in Munich to open for The Darkness.
here they are :worship: DOOMFOXX :hotjump:
http://www.doomfoxx.com/thenews.htm
pirategirl.jpg

it sounds like an old forgotten AC/DC album. They are currently coming up pretty strong here in Germany. You better check this out :headbang:

Hi Big Tini! Great metal and superb beer as always, haha...

I'd like to throw in a couple of bands from Finland. Neither of these are debutants on the scene, but are just now in studio recording new CDs, coming out next spring.

Kalmah - a melodic black metal band, great guitarwork and growling vocals. Remind me a bit of Children of Bodom, but they are not a clone for sure. Download samples at their website at http://www.kalmah.com

Korpiklaani - A metalband with folk/viking influences. Some tracks remind me of Finntroll or Ensiferum, but again they have an original touch. Download samples and videos at their website at http://www.korpiklaani.com

Rider of Theli said:
hey John, I just ordered the 'Melancholy Beast' cd from CDInZane... along with several others - all due to my addiction to BEC. DAMN YOU DAVE!!! LOL:loco:...~Hoyt.
Hahaha...my evil plot is working, to spread the metal addiction even further to those most susceptible o_O (i.e. those with good taste in music). Lot more CDs in the process of being added to the playlist, they'll be plenty more for this new fav/discoveries thread!:headbang:

St Enigma said:
Hi Big Tini! Great metal and superb beer as always, haha...
Hi Petri :wave:
good metal - Yes !! - but no beer at the moment. Nothing since 2. January this year. Need to recover my liver :Smug: but next year again with a few beers :D
Korpiclaani - I know them. Xander Pikaar has introduced them to me.
It was not directly my kind of thing. I need to say, taht at the moment I´m more in a phase of rock´n´roll.
I´m waiting patiently for the new AC/DC to come - early next year :loco:

Suggestions, eh? hrmmm... here's one I haven't seen here... Scariot - 'Strength to Numbers'. This is the band that Oddleif sang for before starting his own band Communic. Great thrashy metal similar to Nevermore's style.

Bathory - the Viking material only. I think Nordland I and Nordland II would be a great fit here. And it would turn some younger folks onto a legendary musician (may he rest in peace).

how about some Angel Dust? Steel Prophet? Wizard? Zandelle? Galloglass? Eldritch? (yes, LIMB music does carry a few really good bands amongst their morass of crap) ;)

oh, and more of these bands: Nevermore, Blind Guardian, Morgana Lefay, Iced Earth, Jag Panzer, Manticora, Seven Witches (with Bobby Lucas!)...

but don't get me wrong - I ain't being greedy. :Spin: I like what you've done so far. Just keep up the great work!

HUZZAH!!! :kickass:

Rider of Theli said:
Suggestions, eh? hrmmm... here's one I haven't seen here... Scariot - 'Strength to Numbers'. This is the band that Oddleif sang for before starting his own band Communic. Great thrashy metal similar to Nevermore's style.

Bathory - the Viking material only. I think Nordland I and Nordland II would be a great fit here. And it would turn some younger folks onto a legendary musician (may he rest in peace).

how about some Angel Dust? Steel Prophet? Wizard? Zandelle? Galloglass? Eldritch? (yes, LIMB music does carry a few really good bands amongst their morass of crap) ;)

oh, and more of these bands: Nevermore, Blind Guardian, Morgana Lefay, Iced Earth, Jag Panzer, Manticora, Seven Witches (with Bobby Lucas!)...

but don't get me wrong - I ain't being greedy. :Spin: I like what you've done so far. Just keep up the great work!
HUZZAH!!! :kickass:
All suggestions welcomed:cool: Will keep adding more all the time, and definitely be getting some Eldritch since expect to see them at Chicago PowerFest.

what about Forever Slave? I'd love to hear them on beyond ear candy(are there any stations that play this band?)