favorite beer(S)

I honestly think Heineken Light is better tasting than the regular. And Sam Adams is pretty good, haven't tried the other one.

But still...Heineken is superior to a lot of the piss water beer here.

crazy, i got a friend who moved out to scotsdale a few months back, and if i didnt know any better id swear he just wrote what you wrote lol.

said friend has very similar beer tastes to all ya'll on here. And i forgot ive had chimay before for said friend's bday before he left, it was very expensive, it came in about a fifth of booze sized bottle, but was like 21 bux.

For plain beer consumption at home I pretty much always go with Amstel, fine beer for the price you pay. Cheaper and better tasting than Heineken. I also enjoy Hertog Jan (good Dutch beer). Despite the fact that it stands in high regard (especially abroad), I am not a Grolsch drinker, too bitter for my taste.

Less ordinary beers I like are Leffe (Blond!), Hoegaarden (in summer), Grimbergen (blond). Gorik brought some Chimay and Affligem to the last Kata-meeting at my place, those were really good as well, particularly Affligem.

Other alcohol I like is red wine, not much else really, not into the sweet stuff. That gin-tonic stuff I drank on the melloboat was pretty good though.

I tried some Bailey's Irish cream with caramel, and the taste of whiskey was destructive. When it hit my tongue, it was fine, but then when I took the gulp, the whiskey taste arrived in my throat, haha.

I tried some Bailey's Irish cream with caramel, and the taste of whiskey was destructive. When it hit my tongue, it was fine, but then when I took the gulp, the whiskey taste arrived in my throat, haha.

haha I can imagine.. that kinda liquer is dangerous stuff. But seems I cant discuss alcohol anymore since I got "pwned" in the other thread :oops::lol:

Ha, what happened in another thread?

Oh, I made my first White Russian last night. Pretty good. I put slightly too much vodka in, but it didn't destroy the taste very much. I will remember this next time.

Ha, what happened in another thread?

Oh, I made my first White Russian last night. Pretty good. I put slightly too much vodka in, but it didn't destroy the taste very much. I will remember this next time.

Well it seems I have to stop drinking and talking about alcohol :lol:

Whiter Russian's are awesome.. but the balance between the vodka and kahlua is crucial. If you have too much of either it winds up really bad. They're usually better when you order them in a bar from a pro or at least a semi-pro :p

i hate bailey's..
and i definetly drank too much white russian, i can't drink that shit anymore...but me and the caucasian, we had some fine times together...

bailey's? That stuff is gorgeous. But, this is a beer thread, no?

I'm not much of a drinker, but....

londonpride.jpg

You may now close this thread. The messiah is here.

Ok so the cherry beer i was talking about is Belle Vue Kriek and its Belgian. I also forgot to mention Sapporo, I haven't had one in a long time since there is a serious lack of Japanese anything in this country.

Good thing you reminded me...I like Sapporo as well. Sometimes are $1.99 for the 22oz can at the supermarket...I guess that's a good price, worth the taste.

what's with americans and heineken? honestly, that's one sucky beer guys. try sam adams or baron trenck.

it tastes great to me. just nice and smooth and light.
i love sam adams.
ive never seen that other beer around here. theres a store by my house that gets a lot of imported beers, so ill look for it

lately ive been much more in a whiskey/coke or vodka/tonic mood when i go out to bars though. whiskey especially puts me in a ridiculous mood though in the past when i didnt think as much before I acted it got me into some situations i regretted in the morning, and very angry at times ^_^