Favorite car-album

If you have to get anywhere in a hury and have no regard for human life, I highly recommend Slaughter of the Soul by At the Gates. Besides, what's cooler than coming to a stop light and having "burn the face of the earth" blaring from your speakers!

Heh, I have used Reign In Blood as well. It's the only album that can keep up with me... ;)

...nah, it's more a case of "one of the few albums I have on cassette" though. There's something great about it though - fits easily twice on a single 60min tape!

Ah, okay.
I had envisioned the priest not being in a car.

Wow... that's crazy. I'd never had envisioned the driving conditions there being so treacherous... I thought we probably had it worst here in Rocky Mountain Rainland British Columbia. That's some bad luck, dude.

I've only been in one "accident"... I rear-ended this woman REALLY REALLY slowly. I was coming up to a red light that had just turned green, and the cars beside me started moving, and I was already breaking for the red light and had almost stopped but was distracted by something, looked to the side, and as I noticed the cars were moving eased off the brake and basically idled into the car in front of me, which for some reason had, much to my surprise, not yet begun moving. There was a little scuff mark of damage to her car (none to mine) which ended up costing me 300 bucks.

Other than that, I took my passenger-side mirror right off backing into a parking space in an underground lot. Damn concrete pillars... that also cost about 300 bucks to fix.

Hoser: The accidents were in Thunder Bay, Ontario, which is my hometown. I just moved to Halifax in May.

Lee: what did you do, precisely? And why is your car so dangerous? Is it especially nice or especially not nice? :D

Here's another question, just to keep this thread moving. What kind of cars do you all drive? Do most of you drive your own (ownership of the vehicle) or a car owned by parents? Are the Scandinavian countries right or left hand drive?

My car was mine, an 88 Reliant station wagon. It was hideous. I called it the "Deathmobile," then blew a tire, hit a priest, killed a skunk, and totalled it. The only loss I feel is for my Darwin Fish bumper sticker.

Lee: what did you do, precisely? And why is your car so dangerous? Is it especially nice or especially not nice?

I keep getting caught by these FUCKING speed cameras that have been the plague of UK drivers these past couple of years.

The local police put cameras in areas where they know folks are gonna be going too fast, they hide them behind trees, etc, so you have no idea they're there. If you do over the limit, the camera takes a pic of your car and then they fine you £60 and put 3 points on your licence when you're caught. If you get caught too many times you lose your licence.. I guess this isn't exclusive to the UK, but I guess there's a lot more here than anywhere else. I counted 17 of these FUCKING things on the 20 mile journey to my Dad's house the other day.

The thing is, it's easy revenue for the police. The papers today say that even more will be going up over the UK. You only have to be going 10% over the limit to get caught too. so, if the limit's 30mph it'll go off at 33mph!! Madness...

You may have noticed that these FUCKING cameras really boil my piss.. :mad:

:)

Anyway, I've got a nice fast car (Fiat Coupe Turbo. Does 0-60 mph in less than 6 seconds. Which means it'll also do £0 - £60 in less than three if there's a FUCKING camera around..), and thanks to the draconian tactics of the UK government, I have to drive it like a hearse everywhere...

Lee

I got a little 93 Nissan Sentra...multicolored. I seem to "stumble" upon accidents. Once, after I reached my limit of points allowed, I had to go to an all day driving brush-up class where they tell you to drive better basically. What a joke. I could tell where they class was supposed to go, but the students and the teacher didn't really bother trying. I paid a fine. That's all they wanted.

It's sad...my driving record that is. I've considered not driving anymore. I mean, humans weren't meant to be flying down roads in metal boxes doing 70 mph! But, we do it...and all at once! The more the merrier! Fucking cars. I am addicted to them when they're cranking Orchid, however. I think that album sounds great in the car.

I really do wonder what the average person thinks when they hear Akerfeldt's growls pouring from my windows. Where I am, I never expect anyone to know who Opeth is. I FINALLY got a sticker for my car. Kickass \m/ I'm trying to spread the love. :heh:

Lynn

Ah, photo radar.

We had that here in B.C., too, Lee, the damn things caught me about 3 times ($144 each... no points, though). The newly-elected B.C. Liberal government is going to be ditching them soon, though... yaaayyy!

I've got a '94 Honda Accord (my safe, pussy, family car, heh). It's got that nice, Honda "I could drive this thing for 9 trillion clicks without an oil change or knowing shit about it and it'll be just fine" appeal to it though. Problem-free, the Mac of cars. Heh, I like that...
The colour of the vehicle is called "Champagne" (which I always thought was amusing)... kinda a goldy colour.

And, I've got a CD player and a semi-decent stereo which is all I need...

P.S. "Champagne" isn't as bad as these Crayola crayons I saw once, with colours called "Tickle Me Pink", "Robin's Egg Blue". and "Macaroni and Cheese". What the fuck happened to pink, blue and orange? And Macaroni and Cheese is TWO colours - the colour of macaroni and the colour of cheese!