Votes: 19 32.2%
  • My Arms, Your Hearse

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Still Life

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
I'll hafta say Morningrise. It has the most repeat value. Followed by a tie for MAYH and Still Life (for heaviness and 2nd most repeat value).. then orchid, then BWP, I still haven't let it absorb fully..

I'll just say that Black Rose Immortal from 8 minutes onward is just.. probably hands down my favourite musical anything.. I actually skip ahead to that part a lot, and listen to the album just for that. MMM.. I'm gonna listen to it now. thanks :)

I have always been a big big fan of "Orchid", but lately I am growing so fond of "Morningrise" that it is threatening "Orchid"s first place...

That part in "Black Rose Immortal", 'you are in a forest unknown, the secret orchard'... spectacularly delicious music for the soul.

It has to be My Arms Your Hearse.

Definately the best vocal perfomance by Mr Akerfeldt!! The clean and growling stuff is done to perfection. And he had the flu aswell....!!

And the music? Well what can I say.............

52 minutes of pure genious!

Opeth.
Still Life.
The best album ever created by any band in the world.

And im actually serious when i say that hehe.
It must be because it's their first masterpiece I listened to.
Or it is just way too godly for puny humans like me. haha
Each song is a masterpeice of its own, of course still having the same style as their other albums.
I can hardly imagine Opeth or any other band making an album that would top that one. Well maybe Opeth yes, but I think don't think they actually prooved it on Blackwater Park.
Though it does contain some extremely good songs. :D

...I will never be the same and since then listen to all five in circles and have not looked back! 'Sealed the spell of my scrawny body, soil to skin, my next of kin' ahhhhhh
Confessor: Each song is a masterpeice of its own. Best album ever created by any band in the world.
BEST BAND IN THE WORLD! IT'S SOOO GOOD IT HURTS! he he

I voted for Still Live, but it was going to be a tossup between Still Life and Morningrise.

Orchid is the first one I got, and after a while, it really grew on me. Then MAYH came out, and I really wasn't that impressed, and even after several listens, it's my least favorite Opeth CD. (but I do like it quite a bit.) I guess I was a bit bummed out by the shorter songs. I eventually got Morningrise, and for a while, I kept thinking, "It's not as good as Orchid" but it eventually became my favorite one. The thing is, I can listen to any of Opeth's CDs over and over again, so none of them are "bad" by any stretch of the imagination.

I spent a year trying to order Still Life from CD now, but it was always a $20+ import that was never in stock, and I didn't end up getting it until about a week before BWP was released. After a couple listens, Still Life had totally blown me away with the quality of the songs and music. BWP I wasn't as impressed with (remember, I got them both almost at the same time) but it's started growing on me, and it's definitely a great album. Heavier than Still Life, but it's still full of lots of great music, and in some ways it's better than Still Life, but overall, Still life takes the prize as my favorite.

i see a pattern with a person's first opeth album being their favorite here. my first was still life, and i have gotten all since, but sweet sassy molassy that album still tickles the old funny brain.

Am I like them........those who mourn and turn away, those who would give anything to see you again.......only for another second

my favorite has to be Morningrise because it is my first love.
then comes Blackwater Park, then Still Life, then My Arms and then Orchid.
all of em are great and all them are favourite.