Favorite song on Tonight's Decision?

Mantraschism

Skáld
Oct 23, 2002
Augusta, GA (Lost in the Twilight Hall)
I just bought this album about a week ago, after having owned Viva Emptiness for a while, and I must say that I love it. Just bought Dance of December Souls yesterday, and also love it; it reminds me of Opeth's 'Orchid'. And, just now, I ordered Brave Murder Day. So you can see that I'm really getting into Katatonia. Yay! Anyway, I was wondering what everyone's favorite Tonight's Decision song is. I love For My Demons, Right into the Bliss and A Darkness Coming, but if I had to choose right now I'd probably go with For My Demons. That chorus has gotten under my skin. 'You would never sleep at night if you knew what I've been through,' is such a haunting line, I think. Man, I gotta go listen to it...

Right Into The Bliss or In Death,A Song,depending on my moods. They're all great...

I think that the "There are children on the freeway,I have my ways playing with death." line is even more haunting. :) It sounds so psychotic...

The Jeff Buckley cover is very very good too.

Mantraschism said:
I just bought this album about a week ago, after having owned Viva Emptiness for a while, and I must say that I love it. Just bought Dance of December Souls yesterday, and also love it; it reminds me of Opeth's 'Orchid'. And, just now, I ordered Brave Murder Day. So you can see that I'm really getting into Katatonia. Yay! Anyway, I was wondering what everyone's favorite Tonight's Decision song is. I love For My Demons, Right into the Bliss and A Darkness Coming, but if I had to choose right now I'd probably go with For My Demons. That chorus has gotten under my skin. 'You would never sleep at night if you knew what I've been through,' is such a haunting line, I think. Man, I gotta go listen to it...

for my demons, great song, but i like the repetative no good can come of this, or fractured off this album. but as has been said many times, everything on this cd rules ass! :headbang:

Cool picks from everyone. I agree that it is hard to choose one song. Someone mentioned 'No Good Can Come of This'... The part that strikes me in that song is towards the beginning, after it first goes electric. I'm talking about that clean electric that comes in. Those arpeggios are gorgeous. I just wish that sequence made at least one more appearance in that song, man, it's so beautiful and sad.

BTW, I got Brave Murder Day today...

What the hell had gotten into Mikael? Damn, those growls/screams are insane. They're almost painful for me to listen to, and I mean that in a good way. They're like a mix of his Orchid screams and My Arms, Your Hearse growls, and I think those were his best screams and growls (along with Blackwater Park). I thought he just made one appearance in Brave Murder Day, but no, he's on the whole damn album. \m/ Just had to express my impressions of that aspect of BMD. I'm enjoying the whole album so far, but I haven't been able to just sit down and listen to it all, yet.