Votes: 3 6.8%
  • B. C. Rich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Epiphone

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
I voted for Gibson. The thing I regret most in life is when I sold my 1972 Les Paul back in the late 90's. I was the second owner of that guitar and it was an absolute dream. Great tone, incredible sustain. The clean tone wasn't that great, but when played with overdrive or distortion...man, that guitar couldn't be touched. Had to sell it after I got married (She was unemployed at the time and we had some unexpected bills pop up). Looking back, I would have done ANYTHING else but sell that guitar. Sigh. Oh well...life moves on.

absolutely terrible thread cos there's a whole shitload of guitar companies not in the poll, who are better than half of the ones listed.

The Gibson SG is my absolute favorite guitar, thanks to Iommi and Angus Young, and I hope to own a nice one soon. Love the sound of a Les Paul too.

well i haven't tried them all...i voted ibanez. i have never tried a PRS.
I remember playng a jackson when i was in my teens that was nice, but i piked one up recently (a warrior?) and it sucked, which suprsed me. played a couple of fenders which were also very nice.

best tone ive played goes to my epiphone black beauty

For example?

I chose PRS because I've never played anything like one before. Such a great guitar.
For the record, I also own an Ibanez, a Jackson and an Epiphone, and each are awesome in their own little way.

ran, kxk, caparison, gretsch, and a whole shitload of other companies that are outside of the "mainstream".

May I remind you guys that this thread is about "favourite guitar brand" within what's suggested, not in the whole Zuniverse. But feel free to talk about better brands, I'll be looking for one soon and opinions are always useful. :)

well i haven't tried them all...i voted ibanez. i have never tried a PRS.
I remember playng a jackson when i was in my teens that was nice, but i piked one up recently (a warrior?) and it sucked, which suprsed me. played a couple of fenders which were also very nice.

best tone ive played goes to my epiphone black beauty

Don't worry about never trying a PRS, they're great but most people here are voting for them because they listen to Opeth lol.

I would have chosen Jackson, pre-Fender buyout, but currently: Ibanez.

While PRS and Gibson may make a select number of better instruments, on the whole they overcharge an arm and a leg. Ibanez is the best value for quality in my opinion all around.