Best In Flames Vocals

• Milael Stanne

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Henke Forss

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Anders Friden

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
Stanne is i think a really good vocalist, Lunar strain is an awsome album, but the voice he has in Lunar Strain goes well with the atmosphere of that only album, whereas if u imagine that same voice for the Jester Race or all the other In Flames albums, you will realise that it probably wouldn't sound right. I believe Anders' voice in the jester race fits the album perfectly, and it completes the refrains in a great manner.
There is no best vocalist i think, because all the albums are unique and have their atmospher. And Anders changes the intonation of his voice in every single one. Thats why he is good too.
But there is a best album, most people talk about Lunar strain, which is why they tend to say Stanne was better, well thats what i think :)
Old in Flames rocks the earth :hotjump:

Xzar said:
mmm btw. On which songs Jocke has been on?
He just sang on a couple of demos prior to the recording of The Jester Race. Both the tracks he sang on are floating around on various versions of Lunar Strain/Subterranean (the demos of Dead Eternity and The Inborn Lifeless [Dead God In Me])

Stanne is barely In Flames at all. Lunar Strain was their first and was inferior compared to anything Friden put out. hands down. Stanne sounds the same on every-single-dark tranquillity album. heck nearly all death metal vocalists sound so damn simmilar. If you switched them and no one told you half of you wouldn't even know. anders has shown that he can grow. big points. if you make me listen to the stuff that sounds like 99% of the metal cd's out there, I will rape your left nut with a sword. haha. i'm serious.

Anders sounded the best in the latest albums. Clayman he peaked i think, Colony a close second.
I swear the point of a singer was to be able to understand him on some level.

WE NEED SOMETHING FRESH BADLY

Stanne's the man.