FEEL THE BLOOD RAGE

reading this thread makes me want to work out.

i used to be pretty athletic a few years ago, as i did a lot of martial arts back then.
for some reason i completely stopped it when the music stuff started to get serious. guess i finally found a hobby that throughoutly satisfies me on a very personal level.
nowadays i'm actually not doing any sports at all, even though the girl would love me to bulk up a little bit....i just don't see any free time, between weekends alternating between live shows and studio recordings - and university work, band rehearsals, additional studio work, plus something called private life going on monday - friday.

but still, this thread makes me want to go to a gym.....

this thread makes me pissed as fuck that i'm too broke to go to the gym, and that the ceiling in my basement is too low to lift down there

:mad:

Not anywhere close to any sort of Natural border. I've been lifting for 2.5 years.

great for you, our drummer has been lifting now for about 4 years, and he's struggling hard to get over the 200lbs (he's about 5'10'').
I saw him loosing all the joy of eating^^

Man some days I wished I'd be less dedicated to music and going to the gym more often...its open 24/7 even hahaha

Not to shit on your efforts or anything, but that would mean you'd be at around 10% bodyfat right now (ie. a full sixpack). If you have a full sixpack already, then disregard this.

Yeah, after a quick google search I see I was pretty off in my estimation of bf% (never would have thought 10% was visible abs), so I would guess that puts me closer to 20% (since I definitely don't have a gut) - oh well, I'll worry about cutting later, cuz I still wanna get bigger :D

And pxz, that's an awesome suggestion about lowering yourself down and hanging once you're too tired to do any more pullups, thanks for that!

And I really gotta emphasize again - in my case, I had been doing sets of 5-7 reps, repping to fail pretty much every time, but it was just too much weight, and since moving up to 8-12 rep sets I've seen much greater gains!