FEEL THE BLOOD RAGE

Nice man, that's always a good feeling. I hit 172 pounds this week, feels good man. I was able to 5x5 bench 175, which was even more awesome. Last set I had to really push that bitch of a bar up!

I was legitimately anorexic in high school, and I think some of that has done me some damage, in addition my body WANTS me to not be big so bad haha. I need to work my fucking ass off to get bigger, so I know how you feel. Just gotta keep chippin away at it until you reach whatever your goal happens to be.

I was legitimately anorexic in high school, and I think some of that has done me some damage, in addition my body WANTS me to not be big so bad haha. I need to work my fucking ass off to get bigger, so I know how you feel. Just gotta keep chippin away at it until you reach whatever your goal happens to be.

Yep, I have eastern asian blood in me, so the odds are already extremely against me. I have to eat a lot during the day to keep up the weight. I'm to the point where I'm topping out all my 5x5's, which sucks ass, means from here on I'm just constantly dropping and adding weight until my peaks are raised.

Been working out since December, up from 61kg to 70kg (you Americans and your nonsensical imperial system >< I'm now about 155ish lb) as of two weeks ago. Had a huge 6kg gain at the start, then NOTHING for the next 3-4 months because I wasn't eating enough. Now I'm eating pretty consistently, aiming to gain about 1/4kg per week so I don't put on much fat. I'm going to try and get up to 80kg and then cut down to 75, should be able to do that by this time next year.

So yeah, lifting kicks ass, and I'm currently at 185 lbs. (5'11"), and while I've got a bit of squish around the midsection, to put it in perspective, I know that if I dropped 10 lbs. I'd be at most 5% bf.

Not to shit on your efforts or anything, but that would mean you'd be at around 10% bodyfat right now (ie. a full sixpack). If you have a full sixpack already, then disregard this.
Don't trust the little weighing machines with inbuilt bodyfat measurements, they're pretty much complete BS. Maybe +-5%. Apparently I'm 8%, and if I class myself as 'athletic' I'm 2%. In reality I'd say I'm 10-12% - fully visible sixpack in the right light (although I have motherfucking HUGE abs. I can literally see my abs THROUGH my shirt at times. Weighted ab workouts are the key).

its alsways fun to see the bar bend when the big guys lift or squad 500lbs+
always looks so unreal hahaha

The only people I see squatting a decent amount (3-4 plates/side) at my gym do about 1/4 ROM and I'm like /facepalm.
The ONE person I've seen do a full ROM on squats (besides myself) did 2 reps per set.
What the fuck.

For me, the super wide grip pullups don't hit the belly of the lat as well as a more medium grip. I can get a better stretch and I feel it more, so I wouldn't be too concerned about the super wides.

My top five exercises EVER.

Squat
Deadlift
Pullups
Bench
Push press.

Pullups create the real assassins.
Good work Mr. Hedwig. As long as you haul ass all the "go heavy " BS IS just bs.
+1 on these. If I only have a short time to workout, I'll just do squat, deadlift, bench (dumbbell tho), pullups. I'm doing near-full-body workouts every time now. Never heard of push presses?

The only people I see squatting a decent amount (3-4 plates/side) at my gym do about 1/4 ROM and I'm like /facepalm.
The ONE person I've seen do a full ROM on squats (besides myself) did 2 reps per set.
What the fuck.

Well it also depends though, training methods of powerlifters can look a bit unusual at times, but in case that it's just guys that just do too much weight with no reps at all: also saw that over here...
3-4 plates per side would be roughly 140-180 kg, which is really decent for the average guy imo
But for ROM of squats: Ass to the grass ;)

5x5 is cool, but I wouldn't stay married to it.

true, especially during summertime it's not exatcly funny at some days.
But it's great, becaue you easily know when to increase the weights, and at the beginning theres quite a lot going on. at least it was for me when I did it the last time.

lion_roar.JPG

:D

I always go ass to grass.
My height makes it fucking suck.

My little brother does "partial" reps for squats some times which helps you get through the sticking point, but I doubt shmucks at the gym are doing this. Prolly just don't know what they are doing.

I have only ever seen 1 person perform squats properly with decent weight at my gym, i very rarely see anyone actually squat though.

Also I've always struggled with pull ups (I tore two ligaments in my shoulder), and I've been trying to get my rear delts up to proportion because they are practically non existent to possibly help with it.
Anyone have any advise on other stuff i could work on in conjunction with pull ups to get better at them.
My back is pretty strong when it comes rows and dead lifts.

To get better at pull ups you just need to do them BUT here is a tip that works great. Work only in descendent part of the movement.
"Negatives are half pull-ups. All you have to do is get your chin over the bar by standing on something or having spotter push you over the bar. Then, you slowly lower yourself all the way down - let your arms hang grasping the bar fully stretched. Keep your feet up and fight gravity for a count of 5 seconds. This will get your arms used to supporting your weight"

The functional strenght you gain by doing pull ups and chin ups is amazing.
Also another tip that many people dont know is if you want to develop your chest , back and arms , well you cant avoid trainning your legs like a motherfucker. The legs are larger muscles and by working them your body will produce a lot of hormones and shit that will increase the muscle gain in the entire body A LOT.

You guys make me really feel bad for not working out anymore. I'm a fucking piece of paper anyway (132 pounds // 60 kg and I'm 5.7 feet // 174cm) lol.
When I did workout at the gym for one year and a half (2times/week), I didn't gain any weight either (ok perhaps 3 kg).. My body was just a bit more athletic, though I never got "bigger" arms and stuff.
I hate my slim body :lol: Any ideas what I could do (at home, preferrably without any special equipment)?

You guys make me really feel bad for not working out anymore. I'm a fucking piece of paper anyway (132 pounds // 60 kg and I'm 5.7 feet // 174cm) lol.
When I did workout at the gym for one year and a half (2times/week), I didn't gain any weight either (ok perhaps 3 kg).. My body was just a bit more athletic, though I never got "bigger" arms and stuff.
I hate my slim body :lol: Any ideas what I could do (at home, preferrably without any special equipment)?

Gaining weight is a hard job, especially if your bodytype is quite "thin" on default...keeping it also ^^
For me it was quite easy to gain some weight when I started 2 years ago (from 74kg to 84kg / 176cm), but on another side I cant manage to loose those 3 kilos I'd need to to get rid of my belly hahaha
basicly you have to eat all the time, which is a fulltime job on its own...