Female front singers

station82o said:
I'm going to be in the minority opinion here, but I really can't get into the female fronted metal band thing at all. Nightwish made a decent record with "Once", but that was really about it, and even Turenen's voice can be too much at times. But all these bands, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Epica, etc etc - its all flash and nothing really substantial, sometimes it gets really sugary and almost hurts your teeth to listen to it.

I'm tired of the psuedo-gothic style that all these female fronted bands are trying to cop - the saturation level of it all is ridiculous now. What happened to the idea of a female singer who could really rock instead of glibbly dithering in an "etheral" manner over some uninspired standard metal riffs?

The only band mentioned in this thread that really has a great, unique voice of their own is The Cranberries, sure they may not be metal, but its a female fronted band that was certainly interesting and had a fresh style. It seems that the best female vocalists out there today aren't in the metal genre. I look at bands like The Donnas today and think, you know, even though they're basically a punkier version of the Runaways, its still refreshing to hear. I'll be waiting for the day that a real deal metal band with a unique female voice comes along - but I won't be holding my breath.

Well... listen to Crisis and change your mind! :heh:

station82o said:
I'm going to be in the minority opinion here, but I really can't get into the female fronted metal band thing at all. Nightwish made a decent record with "Once", but that was really about it, and even Turenen's voice can be too much at times. But all these bands, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Epica, etc etc - its all flash and nothing really substantial, sometimes it gets really sugary and almost hurts your teeth to listen to it.

I'm tired of the psuedo-gothic style that all these female fronted bands are trying to cop - the saturation level of it all is ridiculous now. What happened to the idea of a female singer who could really rock instead of glibbly dithering in an "etheral" manner over some uninspired standard metal riffs?
see, this is almost exactly what i think. therefore you HAVE to check Madder Mortem. this is female vocals as far from the gothic-cliché as possible. go and get 'Desiderata' and enjoy!

Do you know this really interesting band from Norway Ram-Zet the female singer
Sfinx she is unbelievable.
and I like very much Madder Mortem , Monika from Atrox , Tori Amos

Orfanos said:
I just made the order for the Distorted CD, Paradoxile.:heh:
Redemption is a really very good song and I hope that the whole album will be interesting.

I got the album and I can say few words: Fucking amazing!:kickass:

DeadlyRose said:
How was the show?
I wanted to come, but didn't have a way to get to Tel-Aviv.

The show was amazingly brilliant.....
I was surprised to see the "Barbie" club so full of fans......
the band themselves were surprised.....
though i think that with better promotion, next time will be bigger.....

but the band were just amazing......
after 3 years of waiting....i had the chance to see them here, at last.....

i wanted to post some photos, but i don't have even one decent one.....so maybe we will wait till Nathalie post some of hers......
:headbang:

Orfanos said:
I got the album and I can say few words: Fucking amazing!:kickass:

Hey there man. Thank you!

My name is Raffael (Raff/Raffish) and i'm the male vocals/guitars guy :)

it warmed my heart to read your message (over and over again...LOL) that you liked our album!!!

THANK YOU!

Raff and the DISTORTED crew.

My favourite would easily be Marcela Bovio of Stream of Passion, Ayreon (THE), and Elfonia fame. An amazing beautiful voice which I can't get enough of.

RaphistO said:
Hey there man. Thank you!

My name is Raffael (Raff/Raffish) and i'm the male vocals/guitars guy :)

it warmed my heart to read your message (over and over again...LOL) that you liked our album!!!

THANK YOU!

Raff and the DISTORTED crew.

Hey Raffael!:) It's great to see you posting here.
I really liked your album, I 'm listening to it again and again these days. I'm amazed with the strong production which is fair with all of the instruments. Great guitar riffs, complicated but catchy melodies (that is not bad, of course) and a perfect rythm section. And the alternation of the female and brutal vocals is the element that makes the difference from the other good bands at the progressive/melodic/death metal genre. It's the trademark of Distorted's sound along with the slight oriental groove of the melodies.

I hope that you soon make the breakthrough to a bigger audience, because you deserve it.

Once again thanks for the reply Raffael. Many greetings to your mates and especially Miri!:)