Female front singers

Distorted are awesome.

I used to like Lacuna Coil, but Cristina sounds way too much like a robot. Leaves Eyes and Nightwish are the only other female fronted bands I have ever liked. I like the first couple of albums of The Gathering's with Anneke on them, but after that I really really dislike their music.

I would buy anything Shlomit ever did, I absolutely love her vocals.

i absolutely encourage everybody whose knowledge of female fronted bands is limited to Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation and Leaves Eyes to check the following bands:

Madder Mortem, Gåte, Amaran, The 3rd And The Mortal, In The Woods (since 'Omnio')

Hypnos said:
Madder Mortem, Gåte, Amaran, The 3rd And The Mortal, In The Woods (since 'Omnio')

How could I forget Amaran?! Such an amazing band! Pristine In Bondage is up their with my favourite albums! Such a shame they broke up :(

^^indeed a shame that they broke up. their debut album 'A World Depraved' is also phantastic. songs like 'Daffodil' or 'Rusty Warhorse' always give me chills...

yyrkoon said:
yea, Christina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil) is an awesome female vocalist
Yyrkoon, I reckon you named yourself after the French band? I bought "Unhealthy Opera" and I must say it's fucking amazing, one of the best death metal albums I've heard in a very long time. Highly recommended! :headbang:

BTW, how do you pronounce "Yyrkoon" properly?

i recommend all three releases. 'Silence Of Another Kind' is still quite fresh and i have to give it more spins...if you want a quick impression, just get your hands on 'Kallocain'

sister ophelia said:
Yyrkoon, I reckon you named yourself after the French band? I bought "Unhealthy Opera" and I must say it's fucking amazing, one of the best death metal albums I've heard in a very long time. Highly recommended! :headbang:

BTW, how do you pronounce "Yyrkoon" properly?
I pronounce it earkoun :D

I saw them live one month ago in Paris opening for Nile. The Yyrkoon show was amazingly powerfull !!! A true death metal show like i haven't seen for long... (except the cult band Agressor I saw last saturday...). And I am not used to make compliments like this... (for example, the Nile show was terribly annoying to me, I left before the end...)

BC-A said:
I pronounce it earkoun :D

I saw them live one month ago in Paris opening for Nile. The Yyrkoon show was amazingly powerfull !!! A true death metal show like i haven't seen for long... (except the cult band Agressor I saw last saturday...). And I am not used to make compliments like this... (for example, the Nile show was terribly annoying to me, I left before the end...)

פארק הירקון:p

@ Hypnos: Thanks for your recommendations!

@ BC-A: You lucky guy! I read a review of Yyrkoon supporting Nile on their most recent gig in Vienna. I reckon they played somewhere closer to my home town as well. Though I probably would have given Nile a miss this time anyway as they toured Germany so often in recent years. Well, this was a mistake as I know now. Ah well, next time.
BUT: I was lucky enough to catch another great French band live at a festival in Gelsenkirchen recently. Gojira, you've probably heard them as well, a bit more technical, they delivered a very original, very powerful performance. As with Yyrkoon, I only own their most recent release "From Mars to Sirius" - so far - but will definitely check out their earlier stuff.

BC-A said:
...except the cult band Agressor I saw last saturday...
you lucky bastard!!! you saw the mighty Agressor!!! i love this band. 'Symposium Of Rebirth' and 'Medieval Rites' are masterpieces!

Hypnos said:
you lucky bastard!!! you saw the mighty Agressor!!! i love this band. 'Symposium Of Rebirth' and 'Medieval Rites' are masterpieces!
They are coming back ! :) A new album is expected in a few months, and it should kill considering the new tracks they played at the concert. Furthermore, the new line up is really good, they found a drummer i don't know where but this guy is really really good...

Alex (guitarist/singer) is formerly from some kilometers where I live, so they made this concert "like being at home" ;)

I know this band for 15 years... And it's the first time i see them live!!!!

I don't know if anyone mentioned before; Sinergy is awesome. The line-up is amazing, and vocalist Kimberly Gross shines.. :kickass: