Select one from the following:

• CoF - DaaD

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • DB - DCA

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I would rather burn my snus and pour away my mead

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
:lol: I didn't notice that third option until now.

I can't even listen to Dimmu Borgir after Puritanical Euphoric Wesuckrealbad Whatever, and although I was once a somewhat diehard Cradle of Filth fan, Bitter Suites to Succubi made me so angry at the band I haven't listened to them in over a year (except Dusk... and Her Embrace, which rules).

OK I voted Dimmu. I like that whole soundtrack feel to it because they made full use of the orchestra, and not just for inbetween segments.

I've heard people complain that DB could have made more use of Simen's vocals though.

I mentioned earlier about Simen's clean vocals. Does that seem to be the general consensus, that his vocals are reasonably superior?

I have Quintisessence and La Masquerade Infernale. He's ok. I mean, I thought Vintersorg on Empiricism displayed much better clean vocals, but is it worth checking out Enthrone Darkness Triumphant just for his vocals?

EDT doesn't sound like modern Dimmu Borgir, or at least it doesn't sound like Puritanical (the only other one I know). Puritanical is okay at best, sounds too much like modern Cradle of Filth. That's not entirely a bad thing, but one Filth is plenty.

Wait... don't you already own EDT and just never listen to it? :tickled:

I'm floating between the two all the time. Tracks 5 and 6 on DCA practically send me to sleep, and it's bad when an album loses steam half way through. I admit it does pick up again though.

DaaD actually gets better as the album progresses, and seems to be a little more melodic overall. Although I think it loses points for not using the orchestra enough, the song "Hurt and Virtue" is the better than anything else on either album IMO.

Vortex, aka Simen, did not sing on Enthrone Darkness Triumphant. He appeared on Spritual Black Dimensions, Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, and the latest.

Speaking as a fan, in my opinion they did not use his clean vocals enough. There were many opportuniteis where they could've used it, but for reasons unknown, they didn't capitalize on what they have. Thet being said, track 7 is absomotherfuckinglutely brilliant!

Still don't know which takes the honors...

Papa Josh said:
Vortex, aka Simen, did not sing on Enthrone Darkness Triumphant. He appeared on Spritual Black Dimensions, Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, and the latest.
OK - so which DB album showcases Simen's talents the best then?

Is Simen the blond dude that does all the clean vocals on Puritanical? If so his voice sucks, he's like Garm but bad. :D

EDIT: I must admit though, I never gave that album much of a chance, I should probably revisit it before talking too much crap.