finalized Maryland Deathfest VII lineup

Does the world really need MILWAUKEE METALFEST Part II?

Sure...if it's done well.

MDF, from nearly all accounts, is done a helluva lot better than MMF.

*shrug* Maybe you just....didn't know what you were talking about?

Speaking of Jack Koshit, is he still running any festivals? I wish I had a daughter so I could forbid her from attending one. :lol:

(with apologies to Douglas Adams)

never understood the point of 100 bands.

Point taken. Previous years would have about 28 bands with a pre-fest of about 5 or 6. They decided to make the pre-fest an offical part of the main fest, and I guess at the same time decided to increase the number of bands (to 55).

I was referring to the genres of the bands playing, more than anything else. I have NO doubts that this festival is run more efficiently than Milwaukee Metalfest.

Sure there are some heavy hitters, but do you need over 100 bands in total? I can only guess that "Weekend Nachos" is a pay to play band, which helps in booking the bigger bands.

None of the bands playing are paying to get on the festival. They were all specifically chosen. The promoters have no desire to run a festival that way, thankfully.

100 bands aren't playing. 55 are. Spread over 3 days. On 2 stages. That's not really that many.

I don't know what your taste in music is, but pretty much every band playing is awesome. While bands like Bolt Thrower and Asphyx are obviously big draws, plenty of people travel from all over the world every year to see the "smaller" bands playing. If you've gone before, you'd know that bands like Ghoul and Birdflesh easily get some of the biggest crowds of the weekend.

Weekend Nachos will probably be one of the most talked about sets of 09.

Last edited by a moderator:
PESTILENCE! ASPHYX! BOLT THROWER! Seriously...when will you see a lineup like this in the States again? Hmm, lemme think about that for a second...NEVER. :lol: This is the best fest lineup EVER!! Unfortunately, I'm about 99% positive I can't make it. But just seeing the flyer makes me all giddy on the inside.

I expect to hear nothing but positive stuff about this fest.

Even though the lineup is "finalized," one more band might still be added if things work out, as a bonus.

l_f6f928f4f94442a99d8f3ce0d05956aa.jpg

PESTILENCE! ASPHYX! BOLT THROWER! Seriously...when will you see a lineup like this in the States again? Hmm, lemme think about that for a second...NEVER. :lol: This is the best fest lineup EVER!! Unfortunately, I'm about 99% positive I can't make it. But just seeing the flyer makes me all giddy on the inside.

I expect to hear nothing but positive stuff about this fest.

Best lineup in the US ever, yes.