Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Damage Done

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Character

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Fiction

Votes: 19 14.4%

• Total voters
I voted for Haven. It may not be the best album of them if you judge by how complicated it is and stuff and how mutch skill they proofed, but I like Haven´s Sound the most ... and the way they used Keys in there together with the guitars.

Oh and I did because most other people didn´t :)

1. Damage Done
2. Projector
3. Haven
4. Character
5. Fiction
6. The Gallery
7. Skydancer
8. Minds I

The first 5 are in my top 20 albums of all-time. Started listening to them after the release of Fiction and still have not been able to stop jammin their material on a regular basis since. How I love me some cathode ray sunshine, sun fired blanks, punish my heaven etc etc!

HAIL THE MIGHTY DT!!!!!!!!! I promise to see you on your next tour!

Skydancer, then the Gallery. I can't stand listening to more than a couple of songs of any other album, because it starts to all sound the same. The one I can get furthest in is Character, but once Lost to Apathy is over, the next songs are pretty much just one long song.

Tough call. It all depends on my mood, I guess. Right now, I'd go with Projector as my favorite album. I find "Day to End" completely unlistenable, but I still have to go with Projector as my favorite. The Mind's I is right up there as well. If you had asked me a few months ago, I would have went with that one. Character is probably next in line.

Funny, I recall someone describing the whole of Skydancer to me by those exact words. I couldn't understand that any more than your description of post-Gallery DT.

-Villain

Meh, each to their own. I guess it's down to the preference of which one song sound you prefer. I'm more into that semi Neoclassical sound, not that modern Melodic Metal sounds.

I trully love everything theyve done up to Haven (that included). The best three albums are The Gallery, The Minds I, Skydancer - in that order. Skydancer was the best for me for a very long time, but I like Stannes vocals way more than Fridéns. Both Skydancer and The Minds I have a little bit weak sound, but The Minds I has a little bit better, more mature, stuff on it. The Gallery has everything - crystal clear killer sound, awesome songs, theres not a single weak spot. Projector and Haven are amazing, too. Damage Done and Character are just endless repetitions of "that riff" from The Minds I plus keys, which I dont see as progress - still listenable, but repetitive and a bit boring. Fiction is great, but thats also because after DD and Character I simply tend to expect less from DT - would be up there with the wholy trinity without 2 songs I dont think belong on the album. So, The Gallery it is.

I trully love everything theyve done up to Haven (that included). The best three albums are The Gallery, The Minds I, Skydancer - in that order. Skydancer was the best for me for a very long time, but I like Stannes vocals way more than Fridéns. Both Skydancer and The Minds I have a little bit weak sound, but The Minds I has a little bit better, more mature, stuff on it. The Gallery has everything - crystal clear killer sound, awesome songs, theres not a single weak spot. Projector and Haven are amazing, too. Damage Done and Character are just endless repetitions of "that riff" from The Minds I plus keys, which I dont see as progress - still listenable, but repetitive and a bit boring. Fiction is great, but thats also because after DD and Character I simply tend to expect less from DT - would be up there with the wholy trinity without 2 songs I dont think belong on the album. So, The Gallery it is.

That's obvious, Mikael's singing is much better, even at the early stages.

I'm always surprised to see that Projector is second, next to The Gallery. I thought the latter will be one of the least chosen.

I'm conflicted between Projector and Fiction, with The Mind's I trying to invade as well. I'll chose Projector, though I'm not entirely positive.

Ive listened to Haven and Projector today. Haven simply blew me away, I think I shouldve voted for this one. I was shocked by how I loved it! Brandström is absolutely incredible on this record, his work on the later albums doesnt even come close to what he did on Haven. And his Fabric might easily be one of the best songs DT have ever made. But I kind of know why I was so amazed - the first 3 albums had been my all time favourites for a long time. Ive listened to them 100000 times, so now - after Ive grown older and discovered other amazing and complex metal bands, these albums dont surprise me anymore, I know every single note by heart, and its rather hard to enjoy them to the max (this is especially true for Skydancer, less for The Gallery, and least for The Minds I). Projector and Haven were a completely different cases - it took me ages to get used to the change in style. This was right when I was just beginning to discover "different" bands like Madder Mortem, Solefald, Arcturus, and also the tech death scene with incredible musicians like Necrophagist, Gorod etc., so I was still a bit orthodox when Projector came out. I remember hating it! :) But after a rather long while I got used to these albums and now I love them more than the older stuff, because they sound so fresh, and incredibly different. So, Haven is probably the best album from DT for me right now.

Probably the hardest question for this band alone. I like them all a lot. I chose Damage Done but I could have chosen The Gallery and Fiction just as easily. Those are my top 3. And I agree about Haven being an awesome keyboard driven album, but I grew to not like it as much anymore(Used to be my favorite). I always thought Projector was shit until recently, Stanne's cleans are abysmal.