First!

For me it has alot to do with being in control of the exact hits...I mean I want to able to control if the drum fill half through changes to triplets and then back in the same specific fill, according to fit it to the guitars and such matters.

mrV

I definitely see where your coming from on this, because the drums seem to control the flow of all the other instruments, especially on this album. It's almost as if the drums act like a conductor's baton, at least that's what I envision in my head as I listen.

Also, and if this makes any sense, the drum fills make me think of brush strokes being sporadically smeared along the canvas...especially when they are in fact being added by your hand! It's really cool to picture that scene during the more instrumental sections of the songs. Programming does have it's advantages.

I like the samples, and I actually think they sound more modern than vintage. The toms are nice, full, and tonal. Most metal toms just sound like clicking half of the time. I would say these samples are similar to the second Waterclime album, and Cronian Enterprise. You have my praise on the sample choice.
Of course my opinion on the volume still stands, though.

Either way Mr. V, my pro's outweigh the cons on this album. Oh and nice work on Palisader, I'm in love with the chorus melody.

so...the album has been leaked.
quite predictable after the pre-orders deliveries.
i could not resist since my payment hasn't arrived to napalm yet (i used bank transfert and it takes 3-5 days to arrive, and then i have to wait for the shipping, quite slow because of the terrifying italian postal service!) so i'm listening to it for the first time.
it's really diverse from everything i've heard from vintersorg, i'm not able to compare it to anything, older or newer releases. really new and fresh but still very vintersorgish.
i cannot hide that some tears of emotion have poured down my cheek, maybe because i've been waiting for a new vintersorg for 4 years, maybe because i feel really linked to his music, maybe because this music has been a good and faithful friend in hard times, or maybe just because i'm under the effects of a heavy depressing premenstrual syndrome :lol:

so...the album has been leaked.
quite predictable after the pre-orders deliveries.
i could not resist since my payment hasn't arrived to napalm yet (i used bank transfert and it takes 3-5 days to arrive, and then i have to wait for the shipping, quite slow because of the terrifying italian postal service!) so i'm listening to it for the first time.
it's really diverse from everything i've heard from vintersorg, i'm not able to compare it to anything, older or newer releases. really new and fresh but still very vintersorgish.
i cannot hide that some tears of emotion have poured down my cheek, maybe because i've been waiting for a new vintersorg for 4 years, maybe because i feel really linked to his music, maybe because this music has been a good and faithful friend in hard times, or maybe just because i'm under the effects of a heavy depressing premenstrual syndrome :lol:

:lol: "heavy depressing premenstrual syndrome", cheer up amica.

I… will… resist… the… temptation… to… download… although everyone commenting and bragging that they already have it ain't helping :p .

For me it has alot to do with being in control of the exact hits...I mean I want to able to control if the drum fill half through changes to triplets and then back in the same specific fill, according to fit it to the guitars and such matters.

mrV

I get that. For me I still have trouble sometimes with doing too much, or doing things that don't 'feel' like real drums. I'd rather program something, point out the parts that I think are really important and then have a drummer nail those in a real studio. Though, having had a lot more experience with this than I have, you probably ended up there with good reason.

What do you use to program drums?

:lol: "heavy depressing premenstrual syndrome", cheer up amica.

I… will… resist… the… temptation… to… download… although everyone commenting and bragging that they already have it ain't helping :p .

i was kidding. well not about the fact that i'm under the effects of that syndrome. quite difficult to understand if you're a man. hormones may play some stupid tricks sometimes :p

no. impossible!
some months ago i have said that i would have tried to not listen to previews or samples.
i could not resist when the samples were online. after then it was too late, the damage was done, and i could not wait anymore!

edit: second spin. i'm liking it even more!

Definitely not first but it FINALLY arrived :)
Only in the middle of the first spin now.... excited, confused, curious, happy...all at the same time.

ahaha yes! all these emotions have flowed thought me too.
maybe confusion and surprise were the winners at first.
then happyness have eaten them all :)
i though "one can never know what to expect from the next vintersorg album!" it totally kicked and surprised me!

i was kidding. well not about the fact that i'm under the effects of that syndrome. quite difficult to understand if you're a man. hormones may play some stupid tricks sometimes :p

no. impossible!
some months ago i have said that i would have tried to not listen to previews or samples.
i could not resist when the samples were online. after then it was too late, the damage was done, and i could not wait anymore!

edit: second spin. i'm liking it even more!

Damn hormones! :p

I know, it's getting harder… and harder… to… resist… must… resist. I just want to wait for the original CD due to the audio quality, unless I can find a pirate in 320kbps. But I think I'd still feel kind of bad. Hmmmmm….

Damn hormones! :p

I know, it's getting harder… and harder… to… resist… must… resist. I just want to wait for the original CD due to the audio quality, unless I can find a pirate in 320kbps. But I think I'd still feel kind of bad. Hmmmmm….

yeah i know that feeling, but if you've ordered it, i mean, it's not 100% stealing! it's just you're having a preview of what you're waiting to have in hands... i know it's not fair but impatience is an ugly beast!

yeah i know that feeling, but if you've ordered it, i mean, it's not 100% stealing! it's just you're having a preview of what you're waiting to have in hands... i know it's not fair but impatience is an ugly beast!

"Patience is virtue".

I'll think about it, who knows. The way my bipolarity crap works, tonight I'll think "Bloody hell I'll download it" and tomorrow I'll be "Noooo I should've waiteeeed, forgive me Andreaaaaasssss". :p

Yeah it's wrong but i knew vintersorg downloading his albums, its wrong but..how i can buy his cds here in brazil? i have just one vintersorg cd and i payed US$ 120,00..yeah im not kidding, most part of the good bands dont have cds here,like kampfar or windir so my only way to listen them is downloading...yeah i can make an international card and wait 2 or 3 months to receive my cd here but i dont have the money to do such things so what i do? if i have the chance to pay for a vintersorg cd i will pay for it, i payed for "the focusing blur" but i never saw other vintersorg cd here, never. Sadly here is not like the dreamworld in Europe,a place where you can buy aaaalll the merch and the shows and see your fav artists... i support them going in their shows like i did with Taake, for me its the only way

Sigurðr;9725769 said:
Yeah it's wrong but i knew vintersorg downloading his albums, its wrong but..how i can buy his cds here in brazil? i have just one vintersorg cd and i payed [paid] US$ 120,00..yeah im not kidding, most part of the good bands dont have cds here,like kampfar or windir so my only way to listen them is downloading...yeah i can make an international card and wait 2 or 3 months to receive my cd here but i dont have the money to do such things so what i do? if i have the chance to pay for a vintersorg cd i will pay for it, i payed for "the focusing blur" but i never saw other vintersorg cd here, never. Sadly here is not like the dreamworld in Europe,a place where you can buy aaaalll the merch and the shows and see your fav artists... i support them going in their shows like i did with Taake, for me its the only way

I'm surprised that it's so difficult to get albums in Brazil! Are you talking about ordering and/or buying there?
There's this Mexican label Scarecrow, which distributes a lot in Latin America, but the quality of the printing of the booklet is not very good (just not to say it's probably the worst in the world); and it's even more interesting to remember that there was, at one time, a Century Media in Brazil. But they closed some years ago haha; I remember my Tribute to the Gods Iced Earth CD, not very good quality to be honest.

I'm surprised that it's so difficult to get albums in Brazil! Are you talking about ordering and/or buying there?
There's this Mexican label Scarecrow, which distributes a lot in Latin America, but the quality of the printing of the booklet is not very good (just not to say it's probably the worst in the world); and it's even more interesting to remember that there was, at one time, a Century Media in Brazil. But they closed some years ago haha; I remember my Tribute to the Gods Iced Earth CD, not very good quality to be honest.

There are metal labels here but standart metal u know? like iron maiden..children of bodom, vital remains,pantera,metallica..etc there aren't labels for black metal or pagan metal/folk like in europe, its difficult to find and its EXPENSIVE AS SHIT, as i said..i bought my vintersorg cd in a fnac store but...US$ 120,00 hehe i dont have 1K dollar notes in my pocket for those ocasions , and nowadays even in fnac they dont sell vintersorg cds anymore...i bough a borknagar cd in a metal shirt store for US$ 30 (epic) but vintersorg...i ask every time i go there but nah, here they dont know what is good music

Think of it this way:
If you ordered the album first, before downloading the leak, then the only real victim is yourself. You already paid, but because of your impatience, your spoiling the surprise with a version of lower quality.

Really though, despite it being much less traditional, getting a leaked copy is okay in my book as long as you buy the album first and the audio quality is close to the real thing.

About it being rude? Well, I'm pretty damn sure everyone of us on these forums would never think twice about flat-out stealing a Vintersorg album. We are so few, and so loyal, that Andreas and Mattias shouldn't have to worry about us not paying for his music.

Just my two cents.

ok try to pay 150,00 EUR in a vintersorg album, if your country have labels selling his albums. Thats the major problem for me, i dont have any means to buy his albums..i dont even see his albums here so what do i do? i refuse myself to listen any vintersorg material ?

I agree with you, if i have the chance i probably would buy all vintersorg discography but here this means pay at least US$ 500,00 ... ridiculous isnt? and i dont have means to make an international card too...

Sigurðr;9725908 said:
There are metal labels here but standart metal u know? like iron maiden..children of bodom, vital remains,pantera,metallica..etc there aren't labels for black metal or pagan metal/folk like in europe, its difficult to find and its EXPENSIVE AS SHIT, as i said..i bought my vintersorg cd in a fnac store but...US$ 120,00 hehe i dont have 1K dollar notes in my pocket for those ocasions , and nowadays even in fnac they dont sell vintersorg cds anymore...i bough a borknagar cd in a metal shirt store for US$ 30 (epic) but vintersorg...i ask every time i go there but nah, here they dont know what is good music

Sigurðr;9726114 said:
ok try to pay 150,00 EUR in a vintersorg album, if your country have labels selling his albums. Thats the major problem for me, i dont have any means to buy his albums..i dont even see his albums here so what do i do? i refuse myself to listen any vintersorg material ?

I agree with you, if i have the chance i probably would buy all vintersorg discography but here this means pay at least US$ 500,00 ... ridiculous isnt? and i dont have means to make an international card too...

Ah OK, I didn't know there were actually any labels in Brazil; they should bring more Folk stuff. But really, I'm surprised!!! I'd never expect that a country like Brazil will have such little access to Folk, here in CR there's one store that carries a lot of black and folk, although I usually order them on the net. Even if they get the album six months later, they still get it, so it really surprises me that you can't get it.

But, I totally understand how you feel; it's really difficult to get specific albums here, and some people don't understand that (not referring to anyone in this forum).

How about getting it on iTunes?

Think of it this way:
If you ordered the album first, before downloading the leak, then the only real victim is yourself. You already paid, but because of your impatience, your spoiling the surprise with a version of lower quality.

Really though, despite it being much less traditional, getting a leaked copy is okay in my book as long as you buy the album first and the audio quality is close to the real thing.

About it being rude? Well, I'm pretty damn sure everyone of us on these forums would never think twice about flat-out stealing a Vintersorg album. We are so few, and so loyal, that Andreas and Mattias shouldn't have to worry about us not paying for his music.

Just my two cents.

Agreed! I haven't downloaded it because I want to listen to it (at least the first 20 times) in the best quality EVA. I've (we've all) been waiting for (almost) four years, two weeks won't kill me.

And I completely agree what you just said, it's nice to have such loyal fans like us :D .

Ah OK, I didn't know there were actually any labels in Brazil; they should bring more Folk stuff. But really, I'm surprised!!! I'd never expect that a country like Brazil will have such little access to Folk, here in CR there's one store that carries a lot of black and folk, although I usually order them on the net. Even if they get the album six months later, they still get it, so it really surprises me that you can't get it.

But, I totally understand how you feel; it's really difficult to get specific albums here, and some people don't understand that (not referring to anyone in this forum).

How about getting it on iTunes?
There was a label called SOMBERMUSIC who re-released Windir's 1184 but i think this was maaaaaany years ago, i never saw 1184 here...Yeah its pretty strange, here in south the folk/black scene is growing, there is a site who have some black/pagan metal cd's like Kampfar or Taake but nothing from vintersorg sadly :/ Itunes is an option, i have an account there but well..i need an international card or something like that right? and other thing, i want to pay for a physical copy, do the entire "CD RITUAL"

1) open the cd box and smell the lyrics book
2) pick the cd and see yourself in the cd image :p *checking for any damage too*
3)read the lyrics while listening the songs <3

Cds are beautiful, i would love to have the full vintersorg cds here and see the lyrics and the artwork..damn :bah::bah::bah:

I also could find any metal guy with vintersorg's cds and try to buy from him but it would be used cds and i think a metal guy with vintersorg cds dont want to sell them haha:p
I also could go back to Finland to buy some cds :lol: pay 1500 dollars in plane tickes plus 200 dollars for the cds hahaha