Free Reamping Is Back!

Soundlurker

Nov 19, 2005
After a long pause I am again providing a free reamping service. Since my last reamping I've bought a new hard drive (320gb 16mb cache SATAII), a new audio interface (E-MU 1616m) and a new reamp box (a custom one :p ).

For those who've read the first thread ( Old Thread )
you're welcome to send me your new DI files. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, here it is briefly:
I've made a site ( www.freereamping.com ) and I reamp clean guitar DI files through my custom tube amp. ( Amp Thread )
I don't charge for this but I do encourage you to buy merch if you're happy with the results from my service. There's a lot of info on the site but feel free to ask me about things you're not sure about.

What you have to do:

You record your guitar through a di box or through the high impedance input of your mic preamp (if any), then you send a small part of the wav file to my email or you send me a link to this file. Next, you go to the site's 'reamp' section, you write down your visitor number, choose 12 o'clock for all settings and hit submit. I'll process your file and will give you a link to the reamped file in my reply to the email you've sent me. You listen to the reamped track and decide what you want to change, then you do the whole thing again, only instead of 12 o'clock you choose the settings you think will be closest to the tone you're after. We keep doing this until you're positive this is the tone you wanted, then you upload or just send me all the wav files and I'll reamp them with the particular settings you've chosen.

Here are a couple of samples with the amp:
Whole Song

Short Mix

I would have, If I knew any way to do that. Paypal only allows people here to deposit money into their account but not withdraw any :/

Just to remind you, I'm still providing this service. At least until the domain expires, since there's no one interested anymore.

If I had something to record I would abuse of this service man!
That Garland is one of the best amps I've heard!
Don't know why no one is using this service (I suppose it just reading this thread), I've heard a lot of kick ass stuff there recorded with amp-sims... I can't imagine how it would sound through a real amp...

I would use your reamping just for a matching-eq purpose actually, I don't know if you could be interested on that (probably not), I don't really want to make you waste your time man!

Feel free to send me your di track. And since there aren't many people who want me to reamp their tracks just post the link to your file here and choose the settings you want me to use.

I'd like to try it out. Hopefully I can hit you up in a couple of months when I do a new tune. Thank you.

I've got tube amps, but can't crank 'em up much to record these days (babies), and don't have the cash to buy something that would replace the cab to carry the load for direct recording.

Sweet i got 6 tracks i need reamped for this project I'm working on and there is 2 takes each. So really 12 guitar tracks total. I'm gonna reamp the other guitarist 12 tracks myself i think. We used a mesa dual rec but this was my first time with this amp and i didn't get the tone i wanted.

I will grab a piece of the dir track and post on here first.....

I'd really like to take advantage of your offer dude, just need to get the time to record some raw tracks that I wouldn't be ashamed to send you.

Might get some done tomorrow actually, I really like the sound of your amp

Thanks for this! i will be recording some dry tracks soon, i would really like to have a go at your service here, shadow_walker... cheers!

Cool, post the links here and I'll export small sections of the tracks until you're completely satisfied with the tone. As for the settings, don't bother figuring out the numbers, just tell me whether you want the 'vintage' or the 'modern' channel and what type of sound you're shooting for (more mids/scooped/bright/etc)

If you wanna give these a try then that'd be great!

http://sneapforum.kazrog.com/mattisfrommars/manticore/guitar1.wav
http://sneapforum.kazrog.com/mattisfrommars/manticore/guitar2.wav

And if you need them for reference or anything (if you want to have a go mixing though, be my guest!)

http://sneapforum.kazrog.com/mattisfrommars/manticore/bass.wav
http://sneapforum.kazrog.com/mattisfrommars/manticore/drums.mid

I assume the modern channel will fit them both. If you could make Guitar 1 more 'scooped' and guitar 2 a bit more 'crunchy'.

Other then that i can't wait to hear back from you!

Here is a short dir clip.

http://download.yousendit.com/583204795FA41157

I'm also guessing modern channel and looking for that in your face guitar sound. I know thats a pretty bad way to say it but have at it dude with whatever setting you think sounds good and well go from there. These guys are a thrash band in the realm of testament if that helps at all. But honestly anything you do will probably be better than the tone i got now. :lol:

Hey shadow that sounds way better than my original. Now did you use the same settings on both our files? I was just curious cause i like the other tone also but i was wondering if that is just the different guitar and guitar player making that big a difference?

It's almost the same settings as the left channel of mattis' mp3, only with a bit more lows and treble

well i like what you did on his a lot. Do you mind doing both guitar players tracks for 6 songs? I tried reamping with my amp all day today and it did not go very well. Plus that stuff just sounds sweet!

I would like to have the same settings you did with mattis track. One settings on left guitar and the different setting on the right.

Just let me know if you mind do 24 tracks total? I got 6 tracks with 4 guitar tracks per song....