Frontman...

But Mikael doesn't write ALL the lyrics, or ALL the music. But other than that I agree with you.

It's impossible for me. If you conceive them, I'll consider adopting them.

I bet you he can serenade you to orgasm... :lol:

Think about that moustache ruffling/tickling your... Just immagine, I know chicks are good with that

go on.. flame me for that
James Hetfield.. no need to list his abilities.. one who's seen him on stage knows already.. the rest could just shut up :)

hetfield is a pretty good choice, he's not perfect and many people on this board will no doubt want to write a trillion paragraphs on the subject as has been done fairly recently, but he does make a good front man, and ive always found him pretty good at concerts with getting the crowd involved and whatever.

i dont know if mikael can be called a great frontman because i dont know what his stage persona is like, and it sounds like he's pretty lazy and doesnt push the band along.. guitar skills arent perfect... but then again the result is amazing so i guess none of these little points matter. (and obviously there are thousands of good points to counterattack with!)

so that leaves me with no idea about how to answer the actual question :confused:

yep ill go with mikael :lol:

Since someone mentioned James Hetfield (i.e. included non-metal bands in here), I'll say Axl Rose.

Great lyrics, nice cat-singing, beautiful piano playing, amazing writing abilites, and he always got away with the best chick.

Great personality with the crowd too... for good, bad or worse.

amazing writing abilites
?? how much did axl write? i forget such things these days. Certainly an interesting character, all those books about 80s hair metal type bands are hilarious, some great characters and some fucked up stories, but axl was probably the craziest.

It has to be Glenn Danzig of course. Anyone's who's even remotely familiar with his music, will know what I'm talking about.

Btw, James Hetfield and his little ponies (horsemen) used to open for him until 1991.

But Mikael doesn't write ALL the lyrics, or ALL the music. But other than that I agree with you.

Actually Mikael writes all the lyrics, but works on the music with the other guys. I would have to say that Mikael is probably the best frontman too. But I hate considering any band to have a frontman, I think its dumb.

well,since for me the word "frontman" is connected with a band's live activities,i will chose from the bands i've seen live....soooooap,I think Mikael Stanne and Marco Aro (The Haunted) kick as on stage....they are both so extremely energetic!
:hotjump:

Funny i always thought Lars as the front man not james.
I like Stanne, he works nicely on what he does and has a great way to deal with crowds and really connecting. Mikael Akerfeldt its a close second he has so much presence when talking to crowds plus he is a do it yourself kinda guy when it comes to the band i like that cause i identify to people like him or the legend schuldiner.