Fuck this

Wenda said:
Look, for god's sake Josh - I'm not arguing with you about that. I already admitted that I should have known better and am to blame here, so you can quit preaching at me (and Spawn, thanks for sticking up for me but he's right, if I had been walking it I probably wouldn't have been hit. I'll be around for the milo ice cream later). But god, you know how to be a fucking prick about things don't you.

I'll stop, you just happened to do one of the things that really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, piss me off.

Wenda said:
I'll be around for the milo ice cream later.
*Eyes the Milo and Ice Cream... Just sitting there... Waiting... Watching... Ponders exactly what "later" would mean... Goes back to staring at the Ice Cream...*

Koich said:
Coops, You only have to give way to foot traffic on a pedestrian crossing. Hence the name.

The noun "pedestrian" has 1 sense in WordNet.

1. pedestrian, walker, footer -- (a person who travels by foot)

the law states that I must only give way to foot traffic on a pedestrian crossing, but I give way to cyclists anyway because I am a considerate driver.
So you can legally run over amputees without feet, going across the pedestrian crossing in their wheechair? :err:

All of this would be fixed if you crazy eastern staters do what we do in Perth. If you've got the green man then NO car is allowed to even go across the crossing. First time I went over east I was freaking out with all these cars wanting to drive across when I had the green man.

Actually Coops, it's illegal to drive across a pedestrian crossing while someone is still on it, whether the green man is still there or not. Technically, a motorist is supposed to wait at the crossing until a pedestrian has completed crossing the road, even if they've gone past you and are on the other side of the road. The chances of getting booked for this are practically zero however, as I've seen cops cruise through them without even slowing down while old ladies and kids have been waiting to cross. On the other side of the coin, I've seen idiots step out onto crossings without even looking to see if the car that's 10 metres away can stop in time. And yeah, it's actually illegal for cyclists (and skaters) to ride across crossings. You're supposed to dismount and walk across. Bicycles are technically vehicles, and vehicles are supposed to use the road, not pedestrian crossings and footpaths. I tend to ride on the footpath a lot on the way to work, because riding on a single lane stretch of highway full of tour coaches and semis through a narrow cutting is not my idea of a good time.